Getting Back to Normalcy

Sorry for the long wait. I hope you enjoy this new chapter.

I'm awoken by a sudden annoying knocking on my door. Today is my day to sleep in before my test shoot tomorrow. I begrudgingly get out of bed and the sunshine perky face of Serena was not what I expected to see. "Morning!" Damn, I forgot how chipper she is in the morning. "Come on get dressed."

"Why?" She pushed her way in and begins to drag me to my closet.

"We have plans with B today and we have to get a move on." She starts rummaging through my closet looking for an outfit.

"Plans? What plans?"

"We're going to spend the day together. Just like we used to. Going to our favorite stores and eating the best food."

"Okay, wait." I stop Serena who now has three outfits laid out on my bed. "I didn't know about these so-called plans. I doubt B does either."

"Okay, but I called you after B and I had our heart to heart." We sit down on my bed wanting to slither back underneath the covers. "And I realized the only way to get back to how we were is do the things we all love. We all three love eating, shopping and being together. Come on please?" She pouts and I can't say no. Serena and Blair are my weakness. They are my family when my own was never there for me. Chuck always had Nate to be there for him when we're left alone all the time, and I always had Serena and Blair. No matter what we always had each other to lean on.

"Fine." I roll back out of bed and pick one of the outfits she's laid out. This is not how I planned to spend my day of rest but a day with friends could be the exact thing I need.

__________________________________
"So, tell me about how everything with you. You've signed with an agency?" Serena won't stop asking about an update on my life as we walk to Blair's. She is trying to make up for lost time.

"Yep. I finally gathered up the courage to fight for my future and it worked."

"Was Bart mad?"

"He was at first but I started booking jobs he changed his mind. He saw it as a business adventure and couldn't be happier."

"Is it true you'll walk in Fashion Week?"

"Fingers crossed, but nothing has been set. I have my first fitting and test shoots tomorrow for some of the designers."

"Are you nervous?"

"So much. I've done the magazine covers and commercials, but I've never really walked in a major runway show. I'm terrified I'll mess it up." Serena steps in front of me.

"Hey, you're Ella Bass. You can do this. I believe in you. Blair and I can't wait to cheer you on and watch our best friend become the face of the fashion world."

"Stop you're just buttering me up since I was annoyed you woke me up."

"Fine maybe I am, but I haven't seen you in over a year and I just want to catch up."

"S, so much has happened in the year you've been gone."

"I know, but brunch traditions and spending time together can never be bad. Come one we all need to go shopping and just laugh with one another again."

__________________________________
Eleanor was thrilled to see us at her front door. She drags us to her couch wanting to know what we've been up to. She mostly wanted our opinion on her new line for the upcoming season. I'm more concerned about the food she has in front of us. Delicious croissants and fruit and cheese is making getting early worth it. "Hey, you're up." Serena says and I turn my head to Blair who is still in her PJs.