Thanksgiving Prep

Thank you all for the support. I love reading your comments. Please write your predictions for this book because there will be big changes from the first books.

"Thank you for joining me for brunch today Eloise

"Thank you for joining me for brunch today Eloise."

"Kind of felt like you weren't giving me a choice." I respond as I stab my omelet.

"I have been made aware that I haven't been the father I should have to you and Charles."

"You just figured that out?" I fire back at him.

"Eloise, I am trying here." Bart urges me to listen to him.

"Proceed."

"I read Daniel Humphrey's short story." I stop playing with my food. "I had no idea you and Charles felt this way about your mother's death."

"You never bothered to ask."

"I never once blamed either of you for her death." I look at my father, shaking my head.

"But that's how you made us feel."

"I know, and that was wrong of me."

"Do I really look like her?" I ask him.

"So much. Both you and Charles do. And I will admit it does pain me seeing so much of her in the both of you." I look down. "But where there is pain, there is also so much joy."

"Really?" He nods his head.

"I've made many mistakes as a man, a father, and a husband. I am just asking for the chance to make up for lost time."

"What all did Dan write about us?"

"You see Arthur more as a father than me."

"That's because has he has been. He's always there for me."

"That you believe I've never been proud of you unless you made money."

"Money equals success to you."

"No." Bart looks at me. "Charles and your happiness is success to me." He corrects me. "I have only wanted the best for you both. Always."

"It's hard to tell since you're never here in our lives."

"I'm changing. Marrying Lily has allowed me to see that you both were deprived of a proper family life for so long. I'm trying to give that to you now."

"Did you always have to work, or was going to our school plays not worth it?" I ask him.

"I chose not to be involved because I thought it was better for you and Charles not to have me there all the time." He admits to me.

"Why the change of heart now?"

"I may be a cold man Eloise, but my love for my children is greater than anything. Please give me another chance to be the father you deserve." He pleads with me.