Nice Scarf

I love reading your comments. I'm enjoying writing Ella's story way more this time around than the first book and I hope it shows in my writing.

Ella's POV

"Hey, babe, have you seen my..." I chuckle as he holds my purse out for me. I take it, and he kisses me.

"You always lose your things here." He comments.

"I know. I'm still getting used to your place."

"You could get used to it more if you stayed the night." He suggests. I give him a look. 

"You know I can't do that."

"Come on. I barely see you with your new teaching position except for our wonderful coffee dates and dessert." I smack his arm, but he brings me in for another kiss. "I want to spend more time with you."

"We've spent a lot of time together." I argue. "I'm not the only one who's busy. You're just as much devoted to work as I am." I remind him.

"True. But we need to make more time for each other." He tries to kiss me again, but I dodge it because I know I'll never want to leave.

"I have to get to this shoot and..."

"And continue ruling the world. I know." He pulls me closer, and I enjoy being in his arms.

"We just started dating exclusively a few weeks ago and...I want to take this slow." I remind him.

"And we are."

"But you're wanting to see me more."

"Because I enjoy spending time with you. I'm not asking for marriage unless you want that because I'll run to the courthouse..."

"You're ridiculous." I laugh at his jokes.

"I know you want to take things slow, and so do I, but with this connection we have, it's not just me who wants to spend more time together. I can feel it from you, too."

"How so?"

"You're the first to text or call me to wish me good morning. You are the last one to say good night on the phone. Admit it. You like being around me." I can't deny no matter how much I said I wanted to take things slow, I love being with him. He is everything I didn't know I needed.

"Fine. I admit it. I want to spend more time with you, but we have careers that take up a lot of our time and..."

"And we should find some ways to take a day or two for just us. How about going away for the weekend? No work. Just us."

"You would step away from work long enough for that?" I question him because I know him well enough that work is always on his mind.

"I mean...we could limit it to a like ten business calls/ e-mails a day." He compromises.

"Let's face it, we're both workaholics who will never take a break." I argue as I grab my things.

"Doesn't mean we shouldn't try." He argues.

"We would get bored of each other." I argue back.

"I doubt that." I hail down a cab.

"You definitely will. I snore when I sleep."

"And I find it adorable."

"You're lying." We continue to playfully argue with one another.

"Even if I was, the truth is I can't wait for us to spend more than a few hours together."

"You're ridiculous."

"And you love it about me." We lean in for one last kiss. He leaves to take his car, and I open my cab door.