Inheritance

Thank you for the support. I hope you all continue to enjoy this book.

"She is a very well-behaved newborn." CeCe comments as we have our afternoon tea which is actually gin for her.

"I feel like I'm going to wake up one day, and she's going to drive me insane

"I feel like I'm going to wake up one day, and she's going to drive me insane."

"Oh, she will. The good ones always do." CeCe and I chuckle.

"I keep Carter posted with her every milestone, and he is just ignoring me." I admit to CeCe.

"My husband was the same way." I look at her. "He was a wonderful father when he wanted to be, but my girls never saw it because to them, I was always the bad guy. I was the one who was messing up their lives, but he never wanted to be a part of theirs if it conflicted with his work. A lot of men in power are like that, Ella."

"Nate isn't."

"No, but that's because he hasn't tasted power yet. I caution you, darling, as I do, Serena and both of my daughters. Never let a man take your power. You must always hold the power that way; they can never hurt you."

"Which is why I know what I'm going to do after I graduate."

"Did you hear back from one of the many schools you applied to?"

"No, but I'm going to work full time."

"Really?"

"I want to make a life for my daughter and me that doesn't revolve around relying on my father's money. I want to show Palmer that she can be anything she wants even if the world doubts her."

"I commend you, Eloise. Such drive and confidence. I wish I had that when I was young. Those qualities can go a long way."

"Milan Fashion Week is coming up, and I have a lot of designers begging me to walk in their shows. Dior wants me to be the face of their brand, and I'm going to write pieces in magazines."

"It sounds like you have a very bright future ahead of you." CeCe says.

"I want it to be."

"You have a good head on your shoulders."

"I wanted better for my daughter. And it seems like she will have an absentee father and...a mother who is..."

"Who is strong, independent, smart, and will do anything for her. Palmer is lucky to have you." CeCe encourages me.

"Are you sure you have to leave? I love having you here."

"I must go back to my life outside of the city but do not worry, dear." CeCe picks Palmer up and cradles her. "I will be back sooner than you think."

__________________________________
"Carter, really wants to miss this?" Nate asks as he changes Palmer's diaper.

"He has better things like backpacking through Europe."