Miss Iowa vs Blair

I did not like what Blair did to Rachel and Dan. Not her best moment.

"When will you hear back from Columbia?" I ask Nate as I pick up another dumpling.

"Not yet."

"You'll get in."

"How do you know?" Nate asks me.

"Because I believe in you. You have the scores, the extracurriculars, and your application essay was flawless." I explain.

"If I don't get in, I don't know what I'll do."

"You can apply again for the spring semester." I suggest.

"Really?"

"How you start school doesn't matter. You getting in is all that matters. If you want Columbia, then don't give up if you don't get in right away."

"I need to know I'm going somewhere in life." Nate admits to me.

"You have time to figure that out." I tell him.

"You know what you're going to do." He points out.

"I know what I'm going to do right now. But a career as a model is not what I see myself doing for the rest of my life. I will always be grateful for the opportunities it will give me, but...I want more in life. I just don't know what that is."

"Well, this summer, we can figure that out." I smile as he says this.

"Yes, we will. We will have the summer to get away from the drama of the city and...just be us."

"Just the three of us." Nate says, which makes me smile even more hearing him speak of Palmer so highly.

"That is...you don't have t..." I began to cry, which I thought would go away with my pregnancy, but the emotional side of me had just increased.

"Ella..."

"I just...you care more for my daughter than her own father, and it kills me." I feel people looking at us, and we must look weird all dressed up and now a crying mess.

"Ella...hey." Nate makes me look at him. He wipes away my tears.

"I...I wanted a better life for my daughter, and...just like me, she will have a father who doesn't want her."

"She already has a better life because she has you." I stop crying. "You will be the mother and father for her and everything in between. You are going to give her a full and wonderful life. And screw Carter for not wanting to be a part of that. He is missing out, and he's never going to get that back." Nate tells me.

"Thank you."

"And if you'll allow me for as long as possible, I want to be there for both of you. I know I can never be Palmer's dad, but...I want to be there."

"Yes." I whisper to him. "I would love all of that."

"Perfect because...I know we're young, and I'm not saying we will last forever, but right now, I can dream that's how it will be." Nate admits.

"I like that dream." I lean over and kiss Nate despite just being a hot mess seconds before, but everything seems possible with Nate.

__________________________________