Leftovers

Just a reminder I will not write much about Serena and her dad issues because that was dumb and it was hard enough to write it once let alone a second time.

3rd Person POV

Serena enters the restaurant acting like she didn't just come from marking her territory on Nate after her disastrous confrontation with Ella

Serena enters the restaurant acting like she didn't just come from marking her territory on Nate after her disastrous confrontation with Ella. "Hey." Serena greets Blair like nothing happened.

"Oh. Looks like my advice went the way of the clog." Blair comments.

"What are you talking about?"

"The clog? An ugly wooden shoe that tried to make a statement then disappeared. Just like your resolve to take things slow with Nate." Blair clarifies. "Now that I'm with Chuck, I can see that Nate and I were only perfect on paper. And he and Ella were..."

"Were what?" Serena snaps.

"Seemingly perfect in all things well until they weren't." Blair states. "And I guess now you and Nate can finally have an affair to remember."

"Which is why I didn't want to wait for it to start." Serena states.

"And why you don't want to scare him off. S, I'm going, to be frank with you."

"I wish you would just be happy for me." Serena tells her.

"Nate and Ella were like twenty years married, and they dated for over a year. He was helping raise Palmer as a father should. They were practically perfect for each other, and then things fell apart."

"I did not break them up." Serena is getting defensive. "Nate left Ella because he..."

"Because you're the one thing Nate has always wanted and could never have." Blair interrupts. "I'm not saying you broke up Nate and Ella. Obviously, from what Ella has told me, she broke things off with Nate..."

"You talk to Ella?" Serena interrupts.

"All the time."

"Since?"

"Pretty much every day. If not calling, it's texting. We don't miss a beat with each other."

"So you're talking about Nate and me with Nate's ex?"

"Nate's ex, who is your step-sister and our best friend."

"Who hates me, by the way. Called me a narcissist."

"Which you are."

"B!"

"It's the truth S. Embrace it. Some of the most successful and adored people in the world are narcissists."

"Well, Ella said it as an insult."

"Because it was coming from her." Blair points out.

"Are you not on my side with this?" Serena demands.