Weddings and New Beginnings

Sorry for the long wait in-between chapters. It takes me awhile to come up with a new story for Ella. I hope you all enjoy this chapter.

Serena has always had her demons but we never expected it to be like this. Her true reason for leaving a year ago wasn't just the shame of sleeping with Nate when he was with Blair but something darker. Something I never thought I would hear from her. Of course, Georgina was involved with Serena going back to her old ways. She was an insect I always stayed away from even when Chuck would roll in the sheets with her. Thankfully Blair knew just of the perfect way to get rid of her. To spare our lives of her torment. Now there's a different type of torture. A wedding between two people who I don't see love but they are going through it anyway.

"Hey, Ella." Nate greets me on the way into the venue.

"Hi, Nate." I hug him trying to put on my best façade. I don't need to alarm anyone now. This is my issue and like Bart said I need to handle it.

"I haven't seen you in a while. You look beautiful." He compliments me.

"Thank you

"Thank you. You clean up nice." I lightly hit his shoulder.

"What are your plans this summer? I would love to hang out more like we used to."

"Uh...plans...I don't know about this summer..." I ramble.

"Oh, are you not modeling anymore?" Nate asks me. I look at him and give him my best smile.

"I'm not sure anymore. But enough about me. How is your family doing? The Captain has been doing well in rehab right?" I ask Nate taking the subject off me.

"Yeah, he's here actually. And so is Vanessa." Nate says and I give him a look.

"Dan's friend Vanessa?" I ask for clarification.

"Yeah...she and I have gotten to know each other more and..."

"I had no idea you and Vanessa had gotten so close."

"Well...we're not anymore. We tried and nothing took off." Nate explains to me.

"Well, you deserve someone to make you happy Nate."

"Same for you Ella." Nate and I can't stop staring at each other almost in a way like no one else is around. "Are you really not modeling anymore?" Nate breaks the silence. 

"Something has come up and I...I need to take some time off from work." I explain in the best way possible.

"Well, you always seemed to love it so much. I don't want you to take too much time off from it." Nate advises me.

"I have a lot to think about before senior year." I respond to Nate. "You and Chuck still not on speaking terms?" Nate lowers his head.

"Uh...your brother and I are...that's complicated."