Monsieur Bass

I appreciate all of your support with this story. I hope you all enjoy this update.

Ella's POV

"My friend saw him around here this morning." Serena explains as the bar owner looks at Chuck's photo.

"He has a love for alcohol that some would say is unhealthy, and we figured checking all the bars first would be our best bet." I explain.

"He doesn't drink here, but he looks very much like my new waiter." My heart skips a beat hearing this.

"Is he American from New York?" Serena asks.

"All I know is he comes to Paris from, uh, Prague with my niece." I try to keep my hopes up as the evidence is lining up.

"Well, if he's who we think he is, he could be in a lot of trouble. We need to talk to him." Serena exclaims.

"He doesn't do much talking, especially about himself."

"Please, sir, we've been to every bar in the neighborhood, and this is my brother, and we're very worried about him." I pull out my phone and show a photo of Chuck holding Palmer for the first time. "This is my brother holding my daughter and...I can't leave Pairs without knowing he's okay." I plead with the man.

"Please, if you have any idea where he is, please." Serena begs, too, and he finally directs us to his niece's apartment. "We did it!" Serena exclaims as we walk towards the apartment.

"He better have a damn good reason to keep us all worried." I state.

"He's going to love seeing you."

"I don't know. Rather, I want to hug or slap him first." I share honestly.

"Uh...a hug would work just fine." Serena tells me as we walk up the stairs to the apartment, find the correct one, and knock on it. We hear people talking, and then the door opens, and there stands my brother. All in one piece and no longer missing.

"Chuck." I mutter his name and have the biggest smile seeing him again.

"It's you." Serena says with relief.

"Who's here?" A blond girl asks.

"Oh, Hi, I'm Serena van der Woodsen, and this is Ella Bass

"Oh, Hi, I'm Serena van der Woodsen, and this is Ella Bass. We're really sorry to show up like this. We've just been looking for Chuck everywhere." Serena explains.

"Henry, what is she talking about?"

"Hen..."

"I don't know." Chuck cuts me off and looks me straight in the eyes. "The man you're looking for is not here." He closes the door in our faces without another word.

"I told you. I should have slapped him." I told Serena. We walk to the outside of the apartment and wait against the wall.

"He has to come down eventually." Serena tells me.