To Brunch or Not

Thank you again for all the support. I love hearing from you guys. Please enjoy this new update.

Parties have ended worse than this one and I can only hope that Dan won't hold Chuck being my brother against me. I have kept my family a secret in our friendship because of how ashamed I am in their actions. Bart is the billionaire womanizing model flaunting man who doesn't parent his two children. Chuck is a miniature Bart in all of the worst ways. I still can't believe that Dan's sister had to be the one Chuck tried to force himself on. I can never expect him to forgive Chuck or still want to be friends with me now that this debacle happened. Only thing I can do is try and apologize for my family's actions and hope it's enough.

Chuck is still recovering from his hangover and I knew Arthur would be at my disposal. I remember Dan saying his last name when he punched Chuck so I asked our family's private investigator to look up his address. Arthur had to drive me all the way out to Brooklyn which made me get dressed for the brunch early so I wouldn't be running late. I walked up to the loft address still going over what I'm going to say to him if he answers. I stand outside a big wooden door and I take a deep breath before I knock. I hear someone coming and I try and brush out the wrinkles in my dress. I'm met with a confused look of a man I've never seen. "Sorry, uh I may have the wrong address."

"It's alright. Who are you looking for?" He seems friendly enough.

"Dan. Dan Humphrey."

"That's my son." Great, this is the right address.

"Is he home by chance?" I look over his shoulder and see that no one is there but him.

"You just missed him. But he should be back later today. I'm Rufus and you are?"

"Ella, Dan and I met at camp this summer."

"Ella... Right, Dan mentioned running into you. I'm so glad you two live close now he can get out more."

"I don't want to ruin your Sunday morning. If you can let Dan know I stopped by that would be wonderful."

"You can come in. I'm sure he'll be back soon. I make amazing waffles."

"As lovely as that sounds I have a brunch I have to attend in..." I look at my watch. "Now."

"It was very nice to meet you, Ella."

"Likewise, Mr. Humphrey." I wave goodbye and head back to the car.

"Was he there Miss Ella?" Arthur asks as he helps me into the car.

"No, he wasn't. It's okay. Uh, I guess time for brunch." Arthur doesn't press but instead hightails me back to the Palace for the dreadful brunch.

__________________________________
The only good thing about these events is the amazing food that is being served. The men will be too preoccupied with boasting about their success and drinking their way through all of the alcohol and the women will pretend to eat a few bites but not too much in the fear of gaining a pound. Which means the buffet is free for all for me. Bart knows how to throw a fundraiser that attracts all of Manhattan society. Business tycoons, fashion editors, journalist and practically everyone on Forbes top 100 were mooching their way into my father's wallet.

I missed the awkward small talk that usually happens at the beginning of these events. I said my quick hellos and headed straight for the food. I was amused to see a very out of place and confused Dan Humphrey. I'm not sure Dan even knows what he's putting on his plate. I mean caviar is yummy but the amount he has will overpower his taste buds. "Hey, how's it going?" I can help but chuckle at Dan's attempt to start up a conversation with the statue model. 'No, you're...you're okay."