33.2 ✿ adhura alvida

Guess who has finally decided to post the next part. *sighs*

Bonne lecture!

12/05/2021

[ H E R ]

"W—what are you saying, doctor? But... I always made sure she had her medicine everyday... like you recommended... then how come... how come her situation got worse all by sudden? S—she was doing all right... even this morning...", a terrified Zoya spoke in frustration as tears uncontrollably rolled down her face on their own.

Releasing a deep sigh, "Ms. Siddiqui, we understand your worries. Unfortunately, we have to stay practical, as much as positive. Mariam is still an infant, her immunity system is slowly increasing now, along with her growth. Using medicine could help us control the issue, but it is just a solution to her condition.", he explained.

"So... w—what do you mean we... what should we do? I... I am ready for anything, to save my baby... please, doctor... just help her live, for longer... she does deserve this, at least... please...", the vulnerable mother begged the man.

He corrected his spectacles. "We hoped we wouldn't have to go through this, but your daughter's health is falling down to a riskier level unknown to her, Ms. Siddiqui. We must proceed with the surgery, as fast as possible. If you give us your answer, we shall fix an appointment with some of our best heart specialists, as soon as we can.", he tried convincing her.

"Anything that you say we should do, doctor... anything, to save my child...", she concluded and he nodded, calling the secretariat for an appointment.

•••

She closed the door of the ward behind her and walking in, she fell on the little girl laid down on the hospital bed. She leaned her back against the wall, taking a deep breath, while she let the fresh tears fall out to wet her cheeks.

"Your daughter's health is falling down to a riskier level... we must proceed with the surgery as fast as possible..."

Breaking, she slid down the wall, muffling her cries behind her hands, as she cursed her fate to ruin both their life. Why, Allah? What was my deed, that my baby has to pay for as well? Wasn't her given birth by an ill-fated like me enough?, she mentally cursed and shouted, her body shaken matching her whimpers.

She did not realize the time moving on until she heard a knock at the door, interrupting her lonely moment. She wiped the remaining tear marks off her face and stood up to attend the person at the door. "En... entrez!", she managed to say in a trembling voice. (C... come in!)

Her back was facing the door when the sound of someone twisting the knob reached her ears, as she made herself presentable before she turned round to fall on the guest.

"A... Aditya?", she whispered to herself, while he stared at the lady in distress, his eyes corresponding to her own state, as he still found it hard to believe. His heart and feet struggled to stay still not to run to her, while his mind reminded him of the circumstances. She is married now, and is the mother of a child, it repeated like a broken record. "You... here?", she smoothly said, pulling him out of his hallucination.

"Zoya... why do I still feel... as if I am day dreaming about you, again...", she looked up at him at his blabbering, as he continued with a chuckle, "I mean... I have never thought... we would meet... all by sudden... here...", he tried starting a conversation.

"And I have never thought... we would ever meet... again...", she replied in a low tone, her doe-shaped pearls fixed at the floor before rolling up, noticing his taking their own time to register her presence. "Umm... p—please, come in..."