3.0 ✿ we are family

Bonne lecture!

09/09/2018

~•~•~•~

"Ma'am, the decorators told they will reach the venue in a couple of hours to deliver the orders. Should I postpone it, or ask someone else to receive them no?", Akanksha landed in front of Zoya as the latter was discussing with Shawn.

"Why would we postpone it? It's important for us to receive the items by tonight, so that we can figure the work out tomorrow early morning.", she signed the documents that Shawn was holding before sending him to his work, turning her focus to Akanksha. "We will go there today only."

"But ma'am, it's already 5pm. She would be waiting for you.", the young employee answered as she looked at her boss in confusion.

"Oh, no! I totally forgot that.", she held her hand against her head as she was thinking. "I need to make a quick call. Wait for me, I will be back within a few."

Sending the young woman to her occupation, she walked inside her cabin for her phone.

"Hey! Where are you now? Are you back already?", hearing someone answering her, she started. "Could you, please, do me a little favor? Will you take her home while passing by the Sharmas'? I don't think I would be able to make it with all the pent up work left."

"But Zoya, even I am stuck in the traffic. How do you expect me to reach there on time?", she rolled her eyes at the annoyed reply because of the heavy jam.

"They all went on an excursion today, Aditya. They would probably take time to reach home, anyways. And I would not ask you if I would have been able to. Moreover she asked for you even this morning. Let it be a surprise!", she tried her luck to get convinced faster, unable to think of any other option than her to break their pre-planned event schedule otherwise.

"Ok, fine. Let me try my best to go there on time. Just call Mrs Sharma and tell her that I am on my way.", she heaved a sigh at the reply.

"Sure, thanks love.", she hung the call, a smile plastered on her face as she heard him smack before cutting the call. She immediately informed the lady and continued working on her files. As much as she loved her job, she hated disappointing her not giving proper time because of their heavy schedules. Yet, she consoled herself to work long hours so as to plan some future vacation.

•••

"Good evening, Mrs Sharma.", Aditya smiled as the woman opened the door, a welcoming smile on her face. "Oh hello, Mr Hooda. You have been faster, finally."

"Yes, thankfully that heavy traffic calmed down as I was reaching your area.", the lady letting him come in, both walked to the living room.

"Please, be seated! I will bring you something to drink.", said she as she pointed at the couch. "Just a glass of water, thank you."

She handed over the drink and he took a first sip, when he looked up at the woman standing across. "Um, is she there? We shall also have to reach home early through the traffic."

"Yes, of course. Let me send her! You, please, have your drink, I will be back with her.", she smiled and went upstairs, leaving Aditya alone in the room.

Few minutes have gone by while he was peacefully looking around at the picture frames hung on the walls. As he put the glass on the small table in front of him, and relaxed himself back on the sofa, he felt one soft and little pair of hands covering his eyes smoothly, little fingers not really able to reach for his entire face from behind the sofa yet making it obvious of her playful intentions.