4.3 ✿ spare the rod, spoil the child

Bonne lecture!

21/11/2018

"Zoya!! Where the hell are you gone guys ?", she held the phone away from her ear as the loud female voice through the phone pierced her nerves because of the loud ambiance at the party

"Zoya!! Where the hell are you gone guys ?", she held the phone away from her ear as the loud female voice through the phone pierced her nerves because of the loud ambiance at the party. "The party just started girl."

"Hey Rita! Huh so sorry yaar, we got to leave all by sudden. Urgent call from home.", she looked at the man driving. "I-I will talk to you tomorrow."

"Okay! But you'll need to make up for this sweetheart. This is certainly not done!"

"I promise your treat, is that okay for you ?"

"Yes! Take care baby."

She cut the call with a smile and looked outside through the window, the drive going on in silent mode. But not for long...

"Who was that ?", Aditya's sudden intervention made her look back at him. "Who ?"

"The one... you were dancing with."

"Oh, Rahul ?", her innocent reply made his fists tighten their grip on the steering wheel.
"You seemed to be enjoying his company.", he tried to focus his mind on the road but his thoughts were beyond his control.

"Well, he's sweet and quite fun.", liar! You didn't even enjoy his company.

But the jealousy in the man's voice next to her made her go for it.

"Fun...", she chuckled discretely as she saw him gritting his teeth. "Is he... is he your friend, or old acquaintance ?"

"As if you were interested..."

"N-no no.. not really. But let's just have a conversation until we reach home.", he noticed her looking at him surprised. "I get sleepy when I get bored driving."

"Then listen to music.", she went to turn on the radio when he stopped her again.

"Won't you ever talk to me ?"

"Have you ever cared about it ?", as she snapped back, he got fed up and left his trials incomplete concentrating on the lane.

She sighed. Internally, she disliked herself for being distant when he was trying his best. "I-I just met him at the party. I have never seen him in fact.", she glanced at the silent Aditya as he started ignoring her. But her words still reached his ear and the thought of his wife talking casual with a stranger, smiling and being all sweet empowered his calmness and he forcibly pushed his foot on the accelerator. But, opposite to what he expected, the car started slowing down, stopping completely at a certain point.

"What the hell ?", he tried to start the engine but both the trials failed. "Oh no please!"

He got out of the car and checked what happened, but no use. The car was in repair, and he didn't know much about it. Zoya was standing out next to him as he closed the bonnet. "I will call for a mechanic.", she nodded understanding and he walked away to talk as she took a seat on the bonnet. Waiting outside would be much better than inside, without the air conditioner working. Breeze, peace of mind, loneliness... at least the car sweetly broke down in a bearable spot.