40.0 ✿ meeting his family

Just a little (not so little, though) something before I abscond for exam preparations!

WARNING: cringe/cheesy/fluff alert! And quite longer than expected, sowy! 🫠

Bonne lecture!

04/08/2022 — A bright and beautiful-memories-filled life is awaiting you, do not underestimate! 🫶🏼☺️

// ∞ ௐ ∞ //

He was pacing back and forth, fidgeting his phone while debating if he should call or not. He tapped the screen and the lock screen appeared, as he looked at the wallpaper. Ten forty-three, was she still awake?

Ten forty-five. Just wasted two precious minutes of my life, uselessly.

"Darn, let's just call!" he quickly unlocked the device and got through the particular contact from the call logs.

She turned the lights off and was to lie down on the bed when the phone, kept face down on the nightstand, chimed the arrival of a sudden call.

She sat up back and, with a sigh, she took the device in her hand to narrow her brows curious at the caller name.

"Hi, how are you doing? You are the calling me at this time, is everything fine?" she asked, her worried tone clear like water in her voice. She had been waiting for their usual call routine when he phoned her earlier, while on his way back home from the airport. Hearing his tired voice, she tried to cut it shorter ; however he pulled her repeating how he missed hearing her telling him about her day-happenings for the last two days, earning a chuckle.

With a heavy sigh, he replied, "Woh..." hearing an encouraging hum from her side, he continued, "I—I told my parents... about us," to which as a reply, he earned silence.

Aditya was combing his wet hair looking at his portrait in the full-length mirror, whistling a random tune to kill the silence around.

"Hey, bhai! I am ready," he heard his younger brother come in as he smiled at his excited tone. "Got that new game from the store yesterday, and I was waiting for you to come and unwrap this pépite."

He took a look at his outfit and leaving the hairbrush on the table, walked to the couch. "Fine, but be quiet! Last time, you literally called ma and she took our class because of your enthusiasm," he said as he took a seat beside him.

When they suddenly heard someone knock at the door, they exchanged a look before Arjun held his hands in the air. "I swear, I saw nobody in the hallways."

Shaking his head with a chuckle, he turned back to the door and called for the sudden guests. "Ma, pa, please come in," as they stood up seeing their parents in the room.

"Adi, we... Arjun, what are you doing here?" the mother swifted her attention to her cadet, surprised by his presence there at this late hour. "Are you both playing video games at this time, again?"

Before either of them could say anything to divert their mother, the old man caught the moment to talk, "Anjana, leave that! Let's maybe talk about what we have actually come for, shall we?" as they took a seat on the leather-made sofa set, while Aditya sat down on the adjacent chair, Arjun joining on the arm.

The elder one frowned at his words, "What's the matter, pa? Is everything okay?"

Seeing their son's curious look, the couple exchanged a knowing look and she gestured to her husband to open the topic, while the brothers, feeling out of the silent talks, were rolling their eyes back and forth between the two in an attempt to catch their conversation.