17.0 ✿ color of love

Belated Holi special drabble — just tried something within a couple of hours I have found.
Bonne lecture!

12/03/2020

~•~•~•~

Holding a handful of color powder in his hand, he managed to escape from the others and ran inside the house. She was looking at the scenery smiling as she was comfortably sitting in her bedroom balcony tired, far from the chaos. Until she heard her dear husband's steps behind her.

"No! Aditya, I warn you. Don't rub this on me. You know I don't like that.", she pouted as he smirked at her, nearing her seat.

"And you know I love challenges.", he teased her bringing his hand towards her face but stopped seeing her glare. "I want to color my baby, please?"

She smiled at his request as he kneeled down to her bump. "Happy holi, my princess.", he kissed her over the white suit, before coloring the cloth red. They suddenly felt the small kicks and laughed at the unborn's excitement. "She again proved she's my daughter."

"And what if it's a boy?", she asked mischievously. "Then I'll make him a girl, because I want a princess first."

She giggled and looked down when she felt his hand on hers. She raised her face up and lost herself in his intense eyes, a naughty smile on his lips getting ready for something. He delicately dropped her hand in the tray of red powder he had brought discretely, before he made it trail down his own right cheek, his eyes still holding hers in their grip when his left cheek was getting painted red as well.

"Because only you have the right to color me red.", he whispered and winked making her look redder than his own face. "Now your turn."

"Aditya, please...", she pouted again and sighing, he stood up. "Alright, I won't."

She noticed him walking away a little upset and unable to see him so, she held his hand to stop him.

"Fine... but a little bit.", she said before frowning seeing his smile. "Only a tiny bit."

"Promise.", he said. She closed her eyes waiting for him to color her cheek but nothing happened. She released one of her eyelid and noticed he stood there still, smiling at her. "Aren't you going to color me?", she asked innocently.

"You're already red...", she narrowed her brows in confusion. "Red of shyness. I guess this looks better."

Hearing him, she widened her eyes and blushed harder while he grinned. "It shows the true color of our love.", he continued making her shier and redder.

She hid her face behind her hands when she realized something. She immediately moved her palms away from her face and whined as he laughed at her. "Seems I won the challenge, one way or another."

"You...", she hit on his shoulders till she stopped feeling tired. She dropped her hands on her bump and looked at him panting.

"You look beautiful, always.", he got closer to her face and softly brushed his colored cheek on hers, her soft breathing making his heart flutter.

"Bura na mano begum jaan, holi hai!"

~•~•~•~

End of "Color Of Love"

Share your views in the comment section, and if you like it, then color the little star in orange.

© a shrucreationsx' pen work

~•~•~•~

Belated Holi wishes to all my sweet readers here. I am sorry I should have posted this earlier. But since I don't celebrate it, I didn't follow the calendar, and I couldn't make a small wish post on time. Sowy!

Since I have always wished to see Aditya & Zoya celebrating such occasions post-marriage, had to dive into my imagination box and get something penned down. Hope you liked it.

PS : for those asking for 'Our Little Bliss', shots are easier to manage writing within short times, while that short story takes more of my time and concentration. I won't be able to update it for a while because of exams and final exams on the way, really sorry. But I will make sure I will come back with some good stuff. Till then, let me serve you one/few shots. For those missing baby Diya, I will try to write some on her.

Until next time,

With love,

Shruthy. ♥️