41.0 ✿ afsos

Hello, dear fellows! Long time no see! What's going on here, everybody? 🙋🏻‍♀️💀

Warning : I again crossed the 16,500+ words, cruel fingers I have!
Some of the scenes can be more or less long than other, and whatever is in italics is a flashback/memory. Why am I telling that? Because there are so many...

Bonne lecture!

19/03/2023 — happy. 5th. anniversary. to. the. show. that. gave. birth. to. this. series. of. stories. 🎊
bepannah pyaar to all! ♥️

// ∞ ௐ ∞ //

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Mumbai, we are about to land in Chhatrapathi Shivaji Airport. Local time is nine forty-two, and the temperature is cooler, about twenty-five degrees.

"For your safety and comfort, please remain seated with your seat belt fastened until the Captain turns off the Fasten Seat Belt sign. This will indicate that we have parked at the gate and that it is safe for you to move about.

"Please check around your seat for any personal belongings you may have brought on board with you and please use caution when opening the overhead bins, as heavy articles may have shifted around during the flight.

"On behalf of the airlines and the entire crew, I would like to thank you for joining us on this trip and we are looking forward to seeing you on board again in the near future. Have a nice evening!"

Within a few minutes, the airliner jerked a little as its wheels touched the ground, slowing down before it parked by the hallway. The red sign above the seats were turned off and the crowd stood up in a synchronized rhythm, rushing to the overhead bins for the carry-on. Managing to form a proper queue towards the gate, they saluted and thanked the crew for their assistance, the few of the little kids still awake although a tiring journey waving a smile at the pretty hostesses.

"Once again, it was a successful journey, Captain. Well done!" praised the young pilot Namish, in his mid-twenties as he turned to his senior with a proud smile. It might have been their sixth flight together and, yet, the level of admiration of a junior for their mentor never decreased, making sure he learnt from those experiences.

"This is not about me as an individual, but the success of our crew. If not for the stewards, the passengers would have been left unassisted. If not for you as a co-pilot, even being a Captain, I would have been alone to handle the whole. And being alone, forgive my language... but it really sucks," he finished the sentence in a lower tone but a funny one, as he seemingly zoned out releasing a tired sigh.

"Captain, you okay?" the junior colleague asked in concern, noticing the lack of glint they were used to witnessing in those light brownish eyes, even at the oddest of hours, for they were back home.

With no explicit reason, he simply grinned at the young man and managed to shoo the thoughts away. And as prayed for, Namish dropped the topic before preparing to move out of the cockpit and join their work crew. Meanwhile, the young Captain, eyes changing of color at the emerging thoughts, lowered his head down and raised his right wrist, revealing the handmade color-mixed-beaded bracelet, adorned with untidy pearls and color dices here and there. A wider smile erupted on his lips as he caressed the childish accessory that still held a major meaning to him, while reading the letters assembled into words.

DIYA KE PAPA

Locking the door close behind him, he walked in a straight line to the rooms, appetite lost once again that night and, once up the stairs, lazily turning the light off in the corridor, he opened and stepped in the first room on the right. Pressing the switch on, the enclosed space came to light and he stared at the white-and-blue, Princesses-themed, lovable setup they made sure that respected its owner's preferences.