11.0 ✿ a midnight date

Some short crap that clicked in my mind. Hope you like still. Bonne lecture!

25/11/2019

~•~•~•~

"Pssst— Aditya! Aditya!!", Aditya moaned as he felt shaken in his sleep and slowly stirred getting more and more conscious about the grip. "Aditya uthiye please!"

(Wake up)

"What jaan? It's already past twelve. Just sleep nah—", he talked in his half-sleep state.

"I want to eat ice cream.", she said like a soft child. "Go... and get some... in the fridge."

"There is no ice cream left in the kitchen.", she sadly replied.

"Then don't worry... I will get you... some tomorrow. Now get some good sleep baby—", he was about to pull her to him but she pushed his arm away.

"No! Baby and I want ice cream, right now.", she strictly said making him squint his sleepy eyes.

He stood on his arms and leaning his back by the headboard, checked his phone, "Baby, it's almost half to one in the night. And I don't know much about ice cream vendors in Mussoorie. Where will I get some now? Also I am really exhausted. You made me walk the whole evening for shopping, and holding Diya for hours actually hurts.", he rubbed the sleep away from his eyes whining.

He stopped when he heard the baby cries. "Not fair. You don't care for me anymore. You don't love me. You just love your sleep. You don't want me, because I am no more looking go—"

"N—no no I am sorry baby. Don't say that anymore. I love you a lot, more than my dear sleep. And of course not, you'll always be my beautiful queen, huh?", he cupped her face and gently brushed his thumb against her cheeks. "I will get you some ice creams, no matter how. You just stay calm, okay?"

"Let's do one thing! We all will go on an ice cream night together. Me, you, Diya, baby.", a wide smile on her face, she sat on her knees suggesting him.

"Do you want to wake Diya for a family outing at midnight? Is that you Zoya?", he asked her when he suddenly heard the little voice by the door. "Papa Diya yeady.", he looked towards the door and saw she was standing there in her pyjamas dragging her teddy bear by her hand.

He looked one to the other confused and hit his palm against his head chuckling as both smiled innocently. Everything was master planned.

•••

"Vanilla... no no chocolate... no mango..."

The mother and daughter duo stood confused in front of the flavour display window arguing which one to choose, as the vendor and Aditya waited for them to make the final decision, one smiling at the two while the other quite annoyed.

"Ma'am, it's closing time. Please make it fast!", the young man behind the cash counter said —or you would say urged to go back home.

"Diya thish... and thish.", the little girl said pointing at the vanilla and chocolate boxes. Clearly indicating her father she needed two balls. "Okay. Bhaisaab, one with two balls, vanilla and chocolate. What about you Zoya?"

"I will have... one mango ice cream, with two balls. And... one chocolate and pistachio ice cream, one ball each.", she said as Aditya looked at her surprised. "What? One for me, one for your baby.", she told him quietly.

"And for you sir?", he shook his head as he heard the vendor. "No thank you.", he knew he would be given the rest in a while.

He paid the orders, and holding the ice creams they moved to a bench located close to their parked car. The two ladies sat eating their dessert and he joined them on the seat, smiling at the sight.