18.1 ✿ precious little one

"You are such a kid Adi. Grow up!"

"Stop being stubborn like a child, Aditya."

"She lost her kid because of her husband who failed to grow up."

And what if... he was one?

PS : the storyline is different from the original plot, though the few characters I have taken belong to the makers.

Bonne lecture!

23/03/2020

~•~•~•~

"Hello Raheem uncle, how are you doing?", Raheem looked up and smiled at the young woman who stood there with the trolley full of groceries.

"Hello Zoya beta, how are you? What about your husband? It's been long I haven't seen him around.", the old man asked her back passing her purchases through the machine. "He is all well uncle. Just a little tired, so he is staying at home."

"May He keep you both happy and safe forever. Give him my greetings.", he wished her and she walked out of the shop paying her things, not before nodding to his request.

"Aditya, baby I have got a surprise for you.", she closed the door and put all her bags on the dining table. She then held the bigger one and looked upstairs with a smile.

She reached the last step and walked in the hallways. "Aditya, look what I have got for you.", she hugged the parcel and entered the room before realizing no one was around. "Where is he gone?", she mumbled confused.

She climbed down the stairs. "Aditya... Aditya, where are you? Won't you come and see what I have bought for you?", she asked pouting and reached the garden area. Yet, no one there as well.

She got tensed and looked around the other rooms, asking the workers if they had seen him going anywhere, and the negative answers worried her more. She ran each corner of the house and was about to check the rooms upstairs again when she suddenly heard some noise coming from the storeroom next to the kitchen. She suspiciously and slowly walked to the closed door and was to pull it open, unaware of the surprise waiting for her.

"BAAAAAAAAAH!", a loud scream welcomed her and she stepped backwards in fear, hiding her face behind her hands before holding one on her fast beating heart. The mocking noise suddenly echoed in her ears and frowning, she looked up at the man holding his tummy not at all trying to control his laughter. "You got so scared. You're such a baby."

"Oh really? And who scares someone like this? Didn't I tell you not to close yourself in the storeroom, that too alone? I was not home and you started your mischief. Weren't you supposed to be resting?", she held her hands on her hips, panting as she spoke breathlessly.

"I was, but then I heard Sarika aunty with the vroom-vroom —translation, a vacuum—, so I woke up, and then I was booored alone and I watched television. Then I heard you coming so I thought to... surprise you.", his voice lowered at the end seeing her glaring. "Sorry Zoya, I didn't want to hurt you."

"But you still did disobeying me and going into the storeroom when no one was watching. You know what? I am not going to talk to you from now on, and that's your punishment. Until you realize how wrong it is."

Saying so, she turned and walked upstairs to the bedroom, leaving the door open. She sat on the bed showing her back to the doorway and waited patiently. As expected, within five minutes, his slow steps were heard from behind and keeping her composure, she crossed her arms against her chest. She felt the bed dipped on the other side, the crackling sound resonating in the silent room as he was certainly crawling to her. His arms went around her neck, hugging her close as he unconsciously glued his cheek on hers.