5.0 ✿ happy women, the prettiest

Bonne lecture!

"Ma'am, coffee ?"

"Ma'am, coffee ?"

Zoya held her head up away from her laptop and looked at the office peon standing by the door with a coffee mug, as she had been waiting for her strong black drink. "Yes please come in Ramkumar !"

He entered the cabin and kept the porcelain container just near the laptop, her smiling at him grateful.

"Ma'am, shall I send your lunch in a few ?", asked he. "No I am not hungry yet. Don't worry I will get it when needed. You may go now, thanks."

Saying so, she sent him away and resumed her work. The last event had kept her so busy that she lost the count of working hours in between. She just knew she used to spend more hours at office than at home, especially with her family. And now she had to settle the accounts for the finalisation and that was a whole struggle. Well, she just hated maths basically.

Reading carefully the numbers, she held up the mug and was about to sip when her eyes fell on some words on it, making her smile. ' Smile makes you beautiful ', it read.

"Being happy is indeed the real beauty.", she thought about some happy memories and sipped the drink smiling when she felt it better than ever. "Strange! It tastes so familiar, yet so new. And so good too. Just like his. Ya Allah, what is happening to me right now ? This accounts made me crazy."

She got interrupted hearing the door being knocked. "Come in!"
"Zoya ma'am, you've received some parcel.", said Akansha excitedly entering the cabin.
"Parcel ? But I didn't order anything, nor was I supposed to expect anything.", thought she looking confused at the big box.
"Maybe someone has sent you some gifts, from far.", she smiled widely.
"Well, you sound quite too excited about it, don't you ?", said Zoya looking at Akansha.
"Excited ? N-no ma'am... I just...", she got cut off looking at Zoya chuckling at her. "I was just pulling your leg Akansha. Just put the box there on the table and carry on with your work! Oh wait, it's lunch time right ? Go and have something then."

With a genuine smile, Akansha closed the door behind her leaving Zoya alone laughing lowly. She walked up to the paper-wrapped box and noticing the sender was left anonymous, she opened it careful of any wrong result, for her eyes to widen immediately. Looking at it for minutes, she went down the memory lane to that breezy day of mid-March in Mussoorie and smiled at the reminisced instants.

The day, they met each other for the first time.

"This... this gramophone...", she laughed.

She took it out of the carton box and rolled her eyes all around it checking whether it was the same one and she confirmed it was.

"But... who got this ? That too for me ? Is it him ? But how did he get it ? He told me he had lost it that day.", she blushed at the thought when she saw a little letter that accompanied the gift in the box. She immediately left the musical gift on the table and started reading it.