35.0 ✿ the date

PS : Complete fluff alert.

Bonne lecture!

05/09/2021

// ∞ ௐ ∞ //

Coming out of the bathroom, a towel solely covering her smooth body, water drops glistening on the dusky skin, her hair tied up underneath the small white towel, she walked to the almirah, her doe-shaped light brown eyes rolling back and forth through the hanging sets of clothes looking for the best one. She slid her hand in between the dresses to clearly distinguish each of them, her teeth holding her lower lip as she looked nervous, when she heard a voice in a distance.

"Anything you wear will have me at your feet. Choose wisely!", the husky whisper made her gasp and she turned back to see no one there. Checking around for one last time, she chuckled and slapped her head before picking a white sharara suit set —a straight cut highlight slit kurta, with a matching veil and sharara pants. His favourite colour, to justify the choice ; she loved simple, so did he as he pointed out.

She met him through a friend, who launched her in one of those famous dating apps after a lot of reluctance from the timid, and reserved desi girl. Even though living in the western atmosphere of London for five years, moving from her hometown back in the vast mountains of Mussoorie, she failed to change her introverted self and stayed far from unnecessary attention. Until her mates pushed her to make a step.

"Zoya, come on! You shall have some fun, too. How long will you just stay idle and alone? Neither you make a move, nor you let the others do. I don't know about you, but I am certainly not going to leave my friend single forever.", her closest buddy and collegemate, Sri Nithya —or Sri like she was known,— advised as they took a stroll in the park near their workplace. "Look, I am not saying we won't be there with you anymore. But you also need a companion, who is meant to be yours. Whom you will spend your future with, hand in hand, for the 'till death breaks you apart' funda. Like, as introverted as you can be, there still must be someone who caught your attention."

Indeed, there was one such person in her life as she failed to erase from her memories back home, whom she never confessed to anyone about. Whom she thought to have lost, until her friend dragged her to the dating community.

Him. As beautiful, inside and out, and pure as the sun shining.

Aditya, Aditya Hooda. The hidden letters between the lines of her college diaries.

At the memories of her secret crush life, a wide smile grew on her face. Time moved by, college days were coming to an end and the graduated students stepped towards their own destinations ; she moved abroad to follow up her dream. Leaving her feelings behind but the memories.

Breaking her distractive thoughts, her phone went off, as she looked at the electronic clock on the bedside drawer. Six fifty, meaning it was her alarm.

She unlocked her screen and held the device in both her hands, close to her face, while a shy yet playful smile was drawn on her lips. Not her fault if the excitement had her awake an hour earlier than expected. Or maybe just a whole night.

She quickly changed into her chosen dress and, selecting the matching accessories, she managed to achieve the minimal makeup before looking at herself in the mirror.

Would this be okay for him? Is it too much? Or, on the contrary, not enough? How would he like me to look? Wait, should I opt for these drop earrings, instead? Or the hoop? What about a small chain around my neck? Ya Allah, why was it so hard to dress up for someone?