8

June 4.

Today is our last day in New York.

I woke up early feeling motivated and ready for the day.

New day. New me. New... York?

Today was my first day that I actually got to sleep in. I rolled out of bed at 10:30 with no concerns about interviews or any work related things until tonight.

Tonight was the second and final show in New York City. I'm kind of glad that we're done here because the city was definitely not the fun I was hoping it would be.

I open the curtains that lead to the balcony, letting the sunlight in. I was in a great mood this morning, or at least I was convincing myself to be. The only way I could move forward from last night is to start today off on the right foot.

I rummage through my open suitcase to find an outfit for today. I needed something that would make me feel good, but also something that would be suitable for the humid heat outside. I wasn't planning on going out, but maybe I could stand on the balcony and look cute for the people passing on the streets.

I sit on the floor next to my suitcase accepting fashion defeat knowing that all I want is to wear the same black shirt and denim shorts outfit I always wear. That's until I see the white shopping bag sitting on the floor next to the bed.

I step towards the bag, almost in a trance, like Sleeping Beauty walking to the spindle.

Okay, well maybe not that dramatically.

I dump the clothes from the bag onto the bed before analyzing each option.

I have two dresses to choose from, or I could look into the two skirts. Is wearing a dress too formal?

I push the dresses aside, laying out the two pink skirts. The pleated skirt is screaming my name. I know it would be more comfortable, but work clothes aren't meant to be cozy, so should I go with the other one?

I have a white top I could wear with the other skirt, something simple to compliment the patterns that laid across the fabric.

I tuck the two dresses and pleated skirt away into my suitcase, settling for the pink patterned skirt. I lay out my full outfit for today on the bed before going to the bathroom for my shower.

As you may have guessed, I was sure to take the free shampoos with me from the bathroom.

The towels were neatly folded under the sink, thanks to housekeeping. If this was my bathroom, they would all be shoved in there and that would have to be good enough.

I flip my head over to wrap the towel around my head and I'm suddenly filled with a feeling in my gut telling me I'm forgetting something.

I shaved my legs, what would have I forgotten besides that?

No.

No, no, no.

My fucking clothes are on the bed.

All I have is a towel.

I peek my head outside the bathroom door to see the side of a building through the window that I had left open, revealing my entire hotel room.

You have got to be kidding.

This day was supposed to be started on the right foot.

I wrap the towel tightly around my body before looking myself in the mirror.

"You've got this, Jasey," I speak to the reflection. "Just... run. Be fast. It's like the Amazing Race."

I let out a deep breath before gripping the door handle, getting ready to make my dash to the bed for my clothes.