50

THIS IS A DOUBLE UPDATE!!

Make sure you read chapter 49 first!

—————————————————————————

Jasey Foster

July 27.

I hate this stupid bus.

I don't know why I thought I might enjoy sleeping on a bus with a bunch of adults this summer, but I was extremely disappointed when I realized being on a tour bus was not as fun as people like to make it out to seem.

To be fair, I guess I'm not really getting the full experience considering I'm not the musician on tour, and the Pretty Venom band bus is probably much better than ours, but still.

We are in the peak of summer, meaning the air conditioning can only fight off so much humidity and heat, and when I wake up every morning here, I swear I have shifted into the pits of hell sometime in the middle of the night without realizing.

I'll take the hotel hopping over this in a heartbeat.

I have been camping quite a few times with an RV, and I thought it would be a close comparison between an RV and a tour bus, but in all honesty, I would rather be in an RV in the middle of the woods than on the road on a tour bus at the end of July.

But the good news is, we have three days off.

Bad news is, we spent all of our first day traveling back to Massachusetts.

We had all expected to get on a plane and fly back, and that was my father's intention, but there weren't enough seats on the last plane available for all of us, and all other flights had been booked and filled, so our only other option was to drive from South Carolina to Massachusetts.

That's about a fifteen hour drive with light traffic.

Now, we started our journey around two in the morning, so a lot of those hours were spent sleeping, but as I mentioned before, it's hot as fuck on this bus, so getting a good night's sleep is nearly impossible. Not to mention the ride can get bumpy, and you hear horns blaring on the highway in the middle of the night.

It's over with now though, because I have made it back home.

It's a little bit past seven in the evening now -- like I said, the first day we had off was spent traveling home, but oh well -- and our buses have just parked in front of my dad's office.

I grab all of my things from my bunk and tuck them into my backpack before handing it off to my dad, where he takes it and sets it out by the front door of the building, along with my other bags.

My brother, Matthew, is picking me up and taking me back home since my mom was the one who dropped me off here when the tour started, so I don't have my car here waiting for me.

My dad's meeting was supposed to take place almost two hours ago, but due to the last minute change of plans with our flight and the decision to drive back along with traffic, it's safe to say that he is a little late to that meeting.

I follow my dad off our bus, and he gives me a quick hug before running inside the building and trying to continue with the meeting at a later time today, considering tomorrow is my sister's birthday and he wouldn't be able to do anything for work that day.

I don't think she knows we are even home yet, so it should be fun getting to surprise her.

I sit down on the curb outside while I pull out my phone and text my brother to see if he's on his way.