60

Niall Horan

August 4.

Inspired.

That's the only word to define how I feel at the moment. That's the only thing that feels right to describe the creative rush filling my brain right now.

"Coming down is all I ever do babe..."

I have managed to find a quiet spot in our dressing room while the rest of the guys are preparing for the show tonight, and I'm taking this as the perfect opportunity to write the song that I have been thinking of starting for weeks now. I never thought I would have a chance, and I definitely didn't want Harry's help with this one. Nor did I need it. This one was going to be all mine.

"...So down if you're ready... show you if you let me..."

The lyrics are pouring out of me, the words leaving my lips in a low mumble, matching the rhythm I have playing in my mind.

"Dunno if you already know how... da da da feeling that you know now..."

At this point, I may as well put her in the writing credits. She's half the reason most of them are there anyway.

"I'm about to show you... baby slow down..."

The night is replaying in my mind, from the start when she came to my door, all the way to the end where she left angry with me, but right now I'm focusing on everything in between.

"Burnin' up... all I see is red... She said, 'Fuck me like I'm famous,' I said 'Okay...'"

My fingers stop moving once these lyrics are typed out onto my phone, and I stare at the words while the moment from that night plays over and over again like I'm watching it on a silver screen. The way she laid beneath me, ready for me, wanting me...

"Harry!" I hear a voice yell on the other side of the door, a voice that shows fear, but there is laughter behind it. "I haven't come up with anything yet! Get away!"

It's Jasey.

The sound of her voice makes my head lift in the direction of the door. I haven't seen her much today, and her laughter catches all of my focus the second it sounds.

"You'll be fine!" Harry shouts back, and I shake my head, curious about what he's up to, but not thinking too much about it. "It will be funny!"

"This is peer pressure!" she yells, and my eyebrows furrow at what she could be referring to. The sound of their footsteps grows closer and closer and closer...

The door swings open, revealing Jasey breathing heavily from running around, but there is a smile on her face anyway.

I lock the note I was writing in and turn my phone off, tossing it on the couch next to me.

Harry runs in behind her, completely out of breath.

He uses a hand to wipe the hair off of his forehead, pushing it out of the way and exhaling an exhausted breath. I raise an eyebrow at him, then glance over at Jasey who is starting to make her way into the room.

"Tell her to let me tattoo her!" Harry practically begs me, pointing a hand in her direction. She shakes her head, her eyes wide while she looks at me like she is silently begging me to do the opposite. "I need someone on my side."

I shake my head, looking down on the floor to find my water bottle I had left there. I pick it up and unscrew the cap, raising it to my mouth while mumbling, "I'm not getting involved."

Harry's eyes dart over to Jasey, and her smile fades when he pretends to lunge at her. She lets out a small shriek, then steps towards him and smacks the back of her hand on his arm when she sees he was just trying to scare her, causing him to laugh.