76

Jasey Foster

August 24.

I have been staring at my phone for hours, waiting for the black screen to light up with a familiar name calling my line.

I am laying down on my bed in my hotel room, my chin propped up on my hands, which are being held up by my elbows resting on the mattress. My stomach is pressed to the bedding while my knees are bent, my feet in the air behind me.

You would think I was twelve years old, waiting for my crush to call my family's house phone after he finished up with practice.

Every time my phone lights up with a notification, I react out of excitement, reaching for my phone quickly, only to find out it was an email instead, or a text from my sister.

Not that I don't appreciate her messages, but it's not the person I am waiting to hear from.

After numerous failed attempts, moments where I have gotten my hopes up, and reactions that only end in slight disappointment, the call arrives.

At the sound of my phone buzzing, I accept the call as fast as I can, lifting my phone to my ear and sitting up on the bed.

"Surprise, bitch." I can hear the smile in her voice.

I smile at the sound of the person on the other line. "You made it!"

"Come outside and find out."

I hang up the phone, tossing it onto my bed and running out the door with only my room key in my hand.

I had told Paige when we were in Vegas that she should consider coming out and visiting us while we were finishing up the portion of the tour that I had been a part of before returning home for school. Of course, since Paige has a job back home, she was hesitant, not wanting to miss out on any extra days to make money before she had to put her job on hold for her studies instead.

I can't blame her honestly. With her job, she makes her hourly wage, plus tips, so I wouldn't necessarily want to let go of it either.

However, she had been working herself like crazy all summer, not taking a single vacation. She had wanted to work even more, but legally, her managers would not allow it.

With that being said, it was the perfect time for her to have some days off, so for the last week of my stay on tour, Paige will be here with me.

When I suggested the idea to my father, he really didn't mind, seeing that it was my last week, and we had plenty of room for one additional person. He has also known Paige my entire life, which made inviting her along that much easier.

Paige had gotten on a plane this morning, flying out to meet up with us on an off day. I ordered a car to pick her up at the airport and bring her to the hotel we are staying at, and her phone call tells me that she has now arrived.

Once I make it down the elevator and through the lobby, I walk out the two main doors of the hotel, finding Paige standing on the sidewalk, bags in hand.

She adjusts the bag hung over her shoulder as she smiles at me. "I have arrived."

"I see that!" I nod, walking over to her and pulling her into a hug. I take one of the bags from her, rolling it behind me as I lead us into the hotel. "My dad is in his room, but we can stop there and you can say hi if you want to, then we can go to mine."

Paige follows me closeby, waiting for my instruction on where we need to go to find where she will be staying. "Yeah let me say hi to Jim. Then..."

I turn around to face her as I press the elevator button. "I will introduce you to Niall in a much more formal way."