89

Jasey Foster

December 23.

Oh, do I miss the summer.

The changing seasons put a damper in my mood for a few reasons.

Firstly, I missed the warm weather. I have more of an eye for my fashion sense in the fall weather, but I would've much rather been on a beach, or at a pool, somewhere in mid August instead of in study sessions in October for midterms.

Secondly, and most importantly, I missed the memories I made in the summer.

I missed the people I made them with.

It's been three months since I've seen Niall, or any of the band for that matter. The last time I saw him was on his birthday. In person, I mean. We've been video-chatting as much as possible, but the further I got into the semester, the busier I seemed to get.

This was a good thing on my part, because the busier I was kept, the less time I spent groaning about how much I missed Niall. However, the busier I was kept, the less time I had to talk to Niall. I felt torn, because I didn't want to waste my days thinking about something that I felt was missing, but I didn't want to push him away in the process.

The more I sat alone and thought about us being apart, the more I started to stress myself out and overthink everything. I don't know why I let myself get to that point. It's not that I don't trust Niall, it's just that it became harder and harder to be away from him, especially when our schedules started to clash.

I didn't say anything about it, but I think we both felt it.

We made it through though and that's all we cared about.

We struggled here and there, but that was almost expected considering the circumstances.

We hadn't talked about what we were going to do once the tour was over. He's been so busy in the studio and working on the next chapter for Pretty Venom that I've been hesitant to mention anything about us seeing each other again so soon, even though we both want to make the effort. Neither of us really know how to go about it. We've never had to figure something out like this before.

It's crazy to think about the tour we met on in June ending. It feels like a part of our story ended with it, and now, it's onto the next.

Apart from the absence of Niall in the last three months, I think I've been doing pretty well.

Despite Niall's concern that had us arguing just before I left from visiting him, it's been silent. There's been no possible threats, nothing that could pose any concern, and I've been perfectly fine and completely safe at school. This didn't keep him from asking me about a hundred times each day if I was alright, and a few more times even when I told him that I was.

I wound up going to that concert with Paige not long after I returned to campus, and while it wasn't a Pretty Venom show, it was still enjoyable.

I was right about needing to experience a live show again that wasn't for them, but their shows will always be my favorite. This made being away from them suck a little more. I lived through photos Niall and the rest of the band posted after each show, and I always asked Niall for any photos he could send from the tour to make it feel like I was still there.

On my side of the map, the fall semester flew by.

After spending the month of September trying to figure my life out and keep myself on track with the major shifts happening, October was smoother sailing. Midterms fucked me up, but I went to a few parties with the friends I met along the way, and that served as a great escape when I wasn't trapped in a classroom studying.