42

Niall Horan

July 5.

"Alright, I just need you guys to sign... here, then again down here," Jim points to a few different spots on a packet, passing a pen around to each member of the band to sign our signatures.

I'm falling asleep here if I'm honest. We have been going over information, agreements, contracts, every boring aspect of the job for the past hour and a half with Jim in a tiny ass conference room in this hotel.

You can tell this room is barely used. We're in a small hotel so I doubt any big busy meetings are taking place here, and the door was locked shut, and the only thing in here was a single chair, so it definitely hasn't been in use for a while.

We had to go on a search for chairs so we could have somewhere to sit as a group. Somewhere besides a hotel bedroom.

Jim looks bored out of his mind too, but our record label sent over these contracts for him to go over with us, and as our manager, he has to explain everything and read over it all to make sure we won't get fucked over with whatever we sign.

I want to get the fuck out of here. It's so boring.

I had actually forgotten about this meeting. It was sort of last minute, we only found out about it yesterday.

Jim got a call from the label yesterday and they sent over an email to him, telling him he needed to print out these documents and run them over with us, and they needed them back as fast as possible.

Jasey was the one who had to relay the message to us, so of course when I saw her I wasn't fucking paying attention to what she was saying, I was just staring like a fool, nodding along only to find out I had to be sitting her with her dad the next day, signing papers for hours.

Well, it's only been one hour, and some minutes, but most of those minutes came from us searching for damn chairs.

I can't believe I'm even thinking this right now, but I want to go read.

I have never liked reading, but I've also never given it the chance — other than sitting in a classroom and writing essays on whatever is in the curriculum. That automatically made me hate it, because what's the fun in reading when you have to do all that analyzing shit.

If seventeen-year-old me heard me say 'fun' and 'reading' in the same sentence, I think he would have killed me.

Sorry, mate. We're making some changes with our life.

After going to that bookstore with Jasey, I wouldn't mind reading.

I mean, I haven't even read the books I have because I haven't had much time. I'm either doing something for the band or I'm with her, so it's difficult to find time to read, but surprisingly, I am looking forward to reading those books.

And hey, if I end up hating to read, I can just give the books to her, seeing how she's such a big fan of them.

Or maybe I'll just lie and pretend I love them, that way I can watch her pick out books for me again.

She looked really fucking cute doing that for me. I wouldn't be able to resist going with her again.

She has probably blown through her books already while mine collect dust.

I might have just fallen asleep right now, I'm not even sure, but I try to focus when Harry grabs my hand and forces me to grip onto the pen.

I quickly scribble down my name a few times, not even aware of what I'm signing, but I'm sure Louis was paying attention and can fill me in.