9

Harry wasn't wrong when he said I was going to see crazy shit in New York City.

Just as we were crossing the street to go back to our hotel there was a cracked out Mickey Mouse character forcing children to take pictures with them.

It's almost funny because any time anyone ever goes to New York City, someone always says "Stay away from the characters on the street!" because they will literally crowd you for a photo to make money.

It's kind of sad though, but there are other ways to make money in the city that aren't disrespectful of personal space or simply terrifying.

I've been to the city countless times. I used to come for my birthday when I was younger with my grandmother for shopping trips, and sometimes during December to see the city during the Christmas season.

I knew my way around pretty well if I'm being honest.

However, Harry seemed happy to tell me what he knew about the city, so I stayed quiet and let him talk.

I asked him about tour and how it was going for him so far. He said he's really excited for the rest of it, but so far it's been great for him and he's glad the band got the opportunity to tour in the first place.

I think if you asked everyone on the touring team how they were enjoying it so far everyone would have a different answer. It's a different experience for us versus the band.

For us, it's strictly work. We wake up early and fight the crowds to get the band where they need to go. My father makes phone calls and sits at his laptop all day to arrange meetings and interviews, barely having time to breathe.

The band on the other hand lives for the energy. Sure, this is work for them too, but this is the dream for them. They're making music and putting on shows for an arena filled with thousands of fans enjoying themselves. The crowds we have to fight fuel their egos and make them feel great. It doesn't feel like work for them, it just feels like they're living the rockstar life.

While we spoke to each other on the way back to the hotel, my head was focused everywhere else. I couldn't help but wonder why Niall was watching me and Harry. Or maybe he wasn't watching us, maybe he just happened to be out on his balcony enjoying himself and he saw us having brunch.

But even if that's the case, why did he seem angry? His knuckles must have turned white by the way he was gripping his bucket glass so tightly.

I hadn't spoken to Niall since last night, since he asked the inappropriate question regarding my relationship with Harry. In fact, that's the last time I spoke to any of them.

I kept my distance from Louis and Liam as well. Louis seemed to defend me, but it seemed like he was mad at Niall for his comment, like there was something deeper that I hadn't been made aware of yet.

I certainly don't want any details.

Liam on the other hand I chose not to speak to just because. I don't have anything against him, but I don't find a need to talk to him.

My mission to avoid him failed when we saw him in the lobby of the hotel. He was returning from the gym on the same floor, and he was nearly drenched in sweat from his exercise. He was dressed in a black tank top and black shorts with a towel thrown over his right shoulder.

He approached us with energy and a smile, almost jogging over when he laid his eyes on us.

I tried to pull Harry to the elevator before Liam was able to reach us, but that only made Liam pick up the pace.

"Guys!" he waved. "Wait up!"

I tried to tap the elevator door shut, but Harry slipped his hand through the crack to let it re-open for his friend.