44

Before we start, I want to mention that there are two songs used in this chapter. The first song is the youtube link above so you can listen to it as you read, and the second is mentioned by Jasey, so I included a photo of the title/album so you can listen to that on your own time if you want (since it is a part of PV's set list for tour) !

—————————————————————————

Jasey Foster

July 9.

Listening to Niall play his guitar is my new favorite thing.

I always liked listening to him playing on stage, despite how much I tried telling myself I couldn't like a single thing about him, but his love for playing guitar was always something that I found interesting.

It's hard to take your eyes off of him when he's on stage. He has so much energy and truly keeps the crowd alive.

Harry does too as the lead singer, and Louis and Liam have their own ways of keeping the crowd excited, don't get me wrong, but Niall's energy is always through the roof. He's constantly jumping up and down, running around the stage, interacting with the audience in any way he can.

He's fucking incredible on an electric guitar, that's no secret.

But right now, he's in my room with an acoustic, and that is my new favorite thing.

Even when he plays a rock song on it, it just has a gentler sound, and you're able to appreciate the authenticity of the instrument.

While he plays his guitar in the chair, I'm sitting on my bed reading one of my new books, happily diving into a new story after a few weeks of not reading much.

Normally I would need absolute silence when I read. It's just a preference. I tend to get distracted quite easily, so having silence while I read is crucial, otherwise it will take me years to get through a single chapter.

When it's quiet, I can blow through a book in a few hours, tops.

But right now, I'm not complaining about his quiet strumming in the corner of my room. It's actually giving me great background noise, maybe because I don't know the song he's playing so I can't really get distracted by it, or maybe just because it's him I have let it slide.

Either way, that's what we're doing right now.

Neither of us are talking, we're just sharing the room while we both do things that interest us, soaking up each other's time, enjoying each other's presence.

Every few moments I'll glance up at him, watching his face scrunch in focus as he tries to play something new on his guitar. Either that or he will poke his tongue out of his mouth.

Both are really cute.

I'll also feel him looking at me for a second before going back to playing, and if we happen to look up at the same time, he'll widen his eyes at me or cock his head to the side.

It just happened again.

"Caught ya starin," he interrupts the silence, slowing down on his light strumming before reaching up to tune some of the strings.

I can feel my face turning red, but I try not to lose focus on my place in the book.

"How is it?" he nods his head, trying to point to the book in some way while his hands are busy with his guitar.

I close the book and set it down next to me, watching him as he picks up his strumming again.

"It's pretty good. A little difficult to read though with a rockstar playing an instrument in the same room," I tease him with a smile, not wanting him to take me too seriously, because I'm really enjoying having him here with me, especially with his guitar.