66

Jasey Foster

August 9.

I have been given probably the biggest task under my Assistant Manager position this morning, which is to write up a report on the tour's progress over the summer.

While the job is tedious and I have to look at multiple charts with financial statements, along with rereading crucial information that determines the future for Pretty Venom under Foster Music Management, I'm enjoying having to do something for my dad that not only will take some pressure off of him, but it gives me a great deal of experience, which is what I came here for.

My dad is going to be reading this and making any corrections as well as adding anything that I may have missed, but it still takes a lot of weight off his shoulders, and I'm finding this part of the job really interesting – the reading, analyzing, and writing up information that I may not have even realized was circling around me while I have been here.

This all seems like it would be a pain in the ass, and maybe he would see it that way, but I have no problem doing it. Maybe it's because I'm finally doing something important that gives me a chance to see deeper into the business, or maybe it's because it's for a band that I care about, but either way, I have no complaints when it comes to this report.

It looks like Liam's merch designs have really been doing well for their merchandise sales, and their projected earnings are only increasing with each new item he comes up with.

I haven't even realized how much time has passed since I started doing this, until the hotel phone rings and I am able to read the time displayed on the receiver.

I pick up the phone and hold it between my ear and my shoulder, continuing to type while I say, "Hello?"

"Hi, baby," Niall's voice comes through the phone, and I stop typing at the sound, smiling to myself. "Do you have a second?"

I look down at the screen of my laptop, the cursor blinking at me while waiting for me to continue working. I close the screen halfway, taking a moment away from the task that has had me occupied for a few hours. I need a break, honestly. "I do. What's up?"

"Do you have plans today?" he asks, already tempting me with whatever he has up his sleeve.

"I'm finishing something up for my dad right now, but once I'm finished, I'll be free."

"Perfect," he says. "I was missin' you. Gotta see you today."

Fuck this report.

I have to take the phone away from my ear for a moment to take in what he said to me in case I let out a fucking squeal at his words, then I lift it back up, acting casual. "You were missing me?"

"Real bad," he confirms. "You said you're free?"

I look back at my laptop, opening it back up fully and looking at the amount of work I had gotten through. I really am almost finished, so I shouldn't be too much longer with this. "In a few minutes, yeah."

I hear some shuffling on his end of the call, and I'm assuming it's him getting out of bed and preparing himself for our plans, that I still have been left out of knowing. "I'm holding you to that."

He hangs up before I can say anything else, and before I can ask what plans he has for us. I put the phone back on the receiver and hurry to finish typing the rest of my page, wrapping it up and forwarding it to my dad.

With perfect timing, there's a knock on my door. Part of me assumes it's my dad because I had just finished something up for him, but I should have known it would have been Niall on the other side.