48

Niall Horan

July 23.

The day Jasey and I went to the bookstore, I told Scott to get me a pair of black converse.

The idea came to me after Jasey and I slept together.

That morning when Jasey was still sleeping, I almost tripped on her shoes on the floor as I wrote her that note.

I shook my head at the sight of her ripped up, severely worn, faded shoes, and I was almost to the door before some part of my mind told me to check her shoe size.

So I did just that, and when Scott went into that store to get clothes for me that I didn't need while Jasey and I went to the bookstore, I requested that he get me a pair of black converse, whispering this to him as Jasey started to lead us into the store while he turned in a different direction.

To try to avoid him hitting me with any questions, I looked up what her size would be in a mens, that way he wouldn't wonder why he would need to buy a woman's shoe.

I'm almost certain he knows my shoe size considering he's the stylist, but Louis seems like he has small feet, so maybe I'll get lucky and Scott will just think they were for him.

He brought them back for me without asking any questions, and I'm now holding them in my bag over my shoulder while Liam, Harry, Louis, and I walk to Jasey's hotel room.

It's early as fuck, but the whole idea was to get there before she woke up, so that meant we had to be ready early and get there while she was still sleeping.

I reach a hand into the pocket of my pants, pulling out her extra key card and reading the number displayed in small writing at the top, trying to match the number on the piece of plastic to the numbers on each door in the hallway.

"How did you get that, by the way?" Liam asks out of curiosity. I glance over at him, looking down at his hands carrying a plastic to-go box with a cupcake inside.

"I grabbed it from her wallet when she put her things down backstage," I tell him, but it's a lie.

She gave it to me yesterday so I could come by that night, and I never gave it back because I knew I would need it now.

"Why did you bring your bag with you?" Louis asks a question this time, his voice in a whisper when I'm able to find the door to her room and scan the card. "I thought we only needed the card and the cupcake."

The light on the card reader displays a green light, and I slowly turn the handle on the door, careful not to make a sudden sound that could wake her inside.

"We need a lighter for the candle, and that's in my bag," I give a brief explanation, not wanting to reveal what is actually inside the bag.

"Couldn't you have just grabbed the lighter though, and carried that by itself. You didn't need to bring the whole bag for a little lighter," Harry adds on.

"Okay, who fucking cares that I brought the bag?" I scold them in a whisper as the four of us creep into her room, finding her asleep still, tangled up in her bedding with her face pressed into the pillow.

I set the bag down on the floor before quietly unzipping one of the pockets and fishing out the lighter.

Liam clears his throat next to me, and my head immediately snaps in his direction, furrowing my eyebrows at him and his lack of effort to stay quiet.

"I'm getting my voice ready, chill out," he mumbles while he puts his hands up in defense, trying to keep me from saying anything else to him.

I close the bag back up, then push it aside with the side of my foot as I step next to Liam, the four of us standing in front of her bed.