84

Jasey Foster

September 10.

"I can't believe that's what you're choosing. You sound fucking ridiculous, but it's no surprise coming from you, honestly," Paige spits viciously, an unamused and irritated tone lacing her voice and causing me to gasp in shock at her lack of hesitance that leads me to believe she really thinks this of me.

I scoff before I take a sip of my smoothie while we walk back to our dorm. "All because I prefer Jess over Logan?"

Paige and I got out of class about an hour ago, and we both agreed that we needed to head to our new favorite cafe around campus to treat ourselves to smoothies for getting through our first few days of school. We went there once this week already, and after realizing how great they are, we couldn't resist going back again so soon.

I'm sipping on a strawberry pineapple smoothie, while Paige waves a blueberry and blackberry blend around in her hand as she dramatically argues with me.

The experience and walk had been great until we started talking about Gilmore Girls, which led to a heated debate regarding the main male love interests.

"Yes! I mean come on, Logan was supportive, and he went to Lorelai for forgiveness after him and Rory went through some shit. He always apologized when he screwed up, and he always took responsibility." I hear her out, and I chew on the top of my straw, but her few simple points aren't enough for me to change my mind. "And not only that, but your name with Jess? Jess and Jase... Your couple name wouldn't even change, unless you did something like... Jessey? Boring."

I laugh at her persistence, as well as how she is including the discussion of ship names as if that will seal her argument. "And Jogan or Lasey are better?"

"Lasey is cute," Paige starts to give some consideration before quickly adding, "but Logan's mine, so you won't have a name conflict to deal with."

"Okay, so Laige..." I present their own name to see how she would react to this instead.

"Who cares about our name?" She quickly redirects the conversation away from a different point that had distracted her. "It doesn't change the fact that Jess was not a good boyfriend to Rory." This comment has me standing in place with my jaw on the ground. "Any time he actually apologized for being shitty was because it was encouraged by someone else. He cared about Rory's feelings when it was convenient for him."

"Jess didn't need to pull out all the big fancy charades to make Rory happy though!" I argue back. "Remember, he took her to the record store when she visited him, and they would offer each other book recommendations. That's sweet, Paige. Those little gestures meant a lot coming from him."

Paige looks at me with her nose scrunched in disapproval. "Little gestures as in being a decent human being?"

"Jess had bad timing, but he tried, and the only reason he was a little late was because no one ever thought he was capable of being the good guy, so why would he think he could ever be good enough for her?" I ask, pointing out what everyone seems to miss about him. While he was flawed in some ways, I can't help myself from defending him until my last breath. Someone has to cheer that kid on. "Of course his timing was bad, he had to build himself back up every time someone said anything to him at all."

"I get it, he's the bad boy, whatever. Doesn't change that Logan is the best for her," Paige defends. Her phone chimes in her pocket, pulling her attention away from our discussion as she sips on her dark purple shaded smoothie. "I have to run down and pick up a package from the mailroom. I think it's that desk organizer my mom sent." She starts walking away from me before she turns around and shouts, "You're lucky you got out of this argument, but don't think that you won! Logan is still the undeniable winner!"