Inej Ghafa x Reader - Captains?

A/n: So this is my first Inej one shot so I hope it's not complete shit! Also reminder requests are open! And on another note, this is kinda an au, where Inej and Kaz were together but they broke up (on good terms and all of the crows are still friends!) Plus Matthias in 90% of my six of crow fics is alive - same with this one. And Inej has a crew and she's sailing the sea killing all the slavers! And just to clear up Kaz thought you were dead found you somehow and then you guys (he was like 13 at the time) both got caught by these people and were trained together for like 1 year then you guys over powered the people who captured you and you guys split but saw each other every now and then. Your also more scarier than Kaz!

Warnings: the Menagerie is mentioned, abuse, sexual abuse, some angst, fluff, bad writing, language, I think that's it? You have been warned!

Summary: Your girlfriend (Inej) and you are visiting Ketterdam to visit the rest of the crows who have never met you! Expect for maybe a certain Brekker boy you know...

All rights go to Leigh Bardugo and you, I just own the plot!

I close my eyes and grin a tiny bit - Ketterdam I home.

I breath in the smoggy air, I sock in the greed, mischief, lies, and I absorb the energy of the thefting. I smile a smile reversed for only two people, Inej, and Kaz.

I walk around the ship calling last minute orders and doing last minute tasks that needed to be done. I then go to Inej's room because she had the chance to sleep this time and I would love to let her sleep longer but our ship as docked, so I assume she would want to see her friends. The crows is what I call them. After all the stories she as told me about them all the late night talks in concern, happiness, frustration I would finally meet the people she broke into the ice court with and made life long friendships out of.

I open her door quietly to find her cozy little room, we don't share a room we're not quite there yet and we have only been dating for just around a year now.

Soon we would be there, but not yet. Not quite.

I tiptoe up to her bed and place a hand on her shoulder making sure not to touch any skin - just in case. I gently shake her little.

"Inej." I whisper.

A groan admits from the suli's girls throat like a roar of a lion coming to eat it's prey but at the same time like a kitten meowing at it's owner for food. I grin down at her as she slowly cracks open her eyes.

"We docked captain." I playfully whisper.

"Where captain?" She raise's her left eyebrow as she playfully replies and goes with this little game and she motions for me to come sit next to her.

I take a seat next to her on her bed and I cuddle into her side.

"Ketterdam, Captain Ghafa we got here an hour ago." Her eyes widen and she smiles and it almost looks giddy and she giggles a bit as I pull her into my lap so she's straddling me and my back is now on the bed.

"Well I guess we should get going Captain L/n, we do have some business to do in Ketterdam."

I play with strand of her jet black goddess like hair and I sigh.

"Not having second thought are we Captain L/n?" Inej use's her I'm the commanding mother voice do as I say tone, but it as an underlying concern beneath.

I smile at her gently and sadly. "No Inej, I just don't want moments like these to ever end." I say sadly.

She leans closer to me and press's our lips together. Her soft bronze lips shift with mine and a slow, passionate kiss full of love. She pulls away and gets off the bed and holds a hand out to me. And without her having to say I word I know it's a promise.

A promise that we won't stop having moments like those.

I take her hand and I smile - I seem to be doing that a lot more since she has been around.

___________TIME SKIP 15 MINUTES OFF THE SHIP ON THE DOCKS! LOOKING FOR THE REST OF THE CROWS!!!____________

"Are you sure their going to be here Inej?"

She scoffs and rolls her eyes. "Honestly last time I was here visiting them they said I was late! I was only five minutes late! So their probably just got caught up with th- Oh!" She gasps and points over to a group of people.

Inej runs over and I chuckle and walk over to them. She goes to hug a girl with ruby brownish red hair, and her sharp green eyes seem to grin at my girlfriend as they embrace. Then I see a tall Zemeni, dark skined boy had an arm warped around a boy with baby blue eyes like the sky in the colonies.

"We're glad to have you back!" The Zemeni says as a tall (almost taller) fjerda with blonde hair and blue eyes like ice nods with the Zemeni.

Then I see the last person Inej was talking about.

So I know that Inej had a romantic past with someone here I just don't know any names because we thought maybe we should wait till we actually meet each other because it could be dangerous to our enemies.

It's Kaz.

I smile at him gently and I open my arms and he comes swiftly into my arms.

"Hello brother."

So I wasn't going to do this in two parts, but some stuff came up (not bad stuff really, good stuff actually!) So that's that! Also I'm going to have a new D.C supervillian story, chapter 1 will be up next week! Also thanks to TylerSmith23 for the idea and helping me with this! All rights go to them for the start of the plot! Hopefully you will like what is to come! Also I will still be posting on here still and I will do the part 2 to the peggy one shot and the inej one as well! Requests are still open as always! 🤪😁 Enjoy!