Inej Ghafa x fem! Brekker Reader - Captains? Part 2

A/n: So I finally did this... There will be a part 3!

Warnings: the Menagerie is mentioned, abuse, sexual abuse, some angst, fluff, bad writing, language, mentions of homophobia I think that's it? You have been warned!

Summary: Right where we left of from the last one! If you haven't read part 1 this won't make sense!

All rights go to Leigh Bardugo and you, I just own the plot!

Kaz and I embrace and we let go and I study his face.

"You really are gaining more scars little one." I tease, and there's a faint blush that covers the top of Kaz's cheeks.

"You didn't say Kaz was your brother!" Inej exclaims. I laugh at her and the rest of the crows opened mouth faces.

"We didn't want to talk about who your friends were and who my is brother because of our enemies. However I was suspecting that you and Kaz had dated each other because you said he was the crow king?" I raise my eyebrows at her and she flushes a bit.

I roll my eyes. "Don't worry, I don't care that you dated my brother Inej that's not going to change anything between us."

Kaz raise's his eyebrow at the 'that's not going to change anything between us comment' but seems to leave it at a raised eyebrow.

"At least there's less people to get introduced to?" The Zemeni (tries to anyways) joke.

Inej just nods and her eyes light up, she takes my hand and pulls me towards her and starts introducing me to everyone else.

"That one right there is Wylan." She points to the boy who looks about twelve but is probably sixteen.

"The one right next to him is Wylan's boyfriend Jesper." She shifts her hand a little too point at the brown eyed, very tall boy.

They both seem uncomfortable with the way Inej introduced them (well mostly just the shorter one - Wylan but Jesper seemed more over protective then anything). Probably just not being used to people being very nice to them because their relationship, but they do look like they were made for each. I give them a small nod in response.

"This one right there is our waffle lover, Nina." She points to the girl with ruby red hair.

"And then that one right their is Matthias." She points to the guy that looks like a big chunk of ice. Literally.

I nod at them all, I take Inej's hand and give it a small squeeze before letting it go quickly.

"So who's up for some waffles?" Nina chirps happily starting to bounce over to the nearest waffle house.

I shot a small smile over to Inej and I go to walk by Kaz, she just nods her head in understanding and goes by Nina.

I walk in step with my brother (even if he does have a cane) silence blooms over the two of us but it isn't uncomfortable. We Brekkers seem to have the famous comfortable silence, and it's honest to the saints fucking amazing.

"So Pekka came back, to the barrel?" I whisper lowly but I make it look like we're not talking at all.

Kaz just nods in response and a flash of anger, and vengeance comes across is face but it's gone in a second. Kaz had always been the one that couldn't always control his emotions when we got captured by the random band of assassins. So he always ended up just pushing them down, you still have to use your emotions but Kaz shows too much so he just push's them down.

"I know where his kid is." I whisper even lower now and all the people around us couldn't possibly hear it but Kaz could.

"Y/n..." He trails off trying to warn me.

I just shrug my shoulders, "It would be good bait plus we can always kill him in the end."

Kaz shakes his head, "Who would we kill Pekka or the kid?" It's a question of morals, I know it is. I have always struggled with morals even as a kid. If the world seems to hate you why do they matter?

So I look Kaz straight in the eyes and the words that leave my mouth seem to concern Kaz even more then he was.

"Both."

We reach the waffle house and I drink in the scent of beautiful waffles and I go to sit by Inej.

"So what were you and Kaz talking about?" She asks and I laugh internally a bit. Once the Wraith always the Wraith.

Okay, so I could tell her that we were talking about killing Pekka's kid, but...

"Revenge." Is all I say and she nods her head.

"Just don't get to caught up in that web okay? When you do, it could leave you down a bad path." Ah there it is, the wise Inej words that I really should take into my life. Yet here we are.

I giggle and kiss her on the cheek. "If that path leads me away from you I don't think it's worth it."

She opens her mouth to say something else untill I hear a ginormous explosion interrupting her and I quickly turn around and pull out my knives only to see a giant gaping hole in the wall and guess who's standing right in the center of it?

Kaz and I's fucking assassin trainer that kidnapped us.

Why the fuck did I come back to Ketterdam?

Words 847

-kk123huff