Kaz Brekker x fem! Reader - Talent

A/n: So this shit randomly come up into my head... You know that scene in episode four of shadow and bone, where Inej and Jesper are showing off their talents? I was like we're going to add the reader into this one! Requests are open!

Warnings: It's short, fluff, languag, mentions of gore, trauma, mentions of abuse/sexual abuse, I think that's it? You have been warned!

Summary: You need to get into the little palace and a talent you thought was useless may come into handy

All rights go to leigh Bardugo, you, netflix and James arthur! I just own the plot!

I silently watch Jesper do his performance, with Inej already done hers. He shots the card perfectly dead center and everyone gives a round of hoops and applause.

That card that was in Inej's mouth mind you.

Kaz's face is emotionless or more so to anyone but me, looks emotionless. There's this spark in his eyes that says he's enjoying this, but also a worry because he doesn't like that their being shown like caged animals at the zoo to show off.

I suppress a shiver that runs up my spine as I remember my childhood. When I was six I was sold to a very high end circus and it wasn't pretty.

Maybe, you would think that they would treat their employees better, but you would be wrong. They would beat you to so much that you looked purple, they would be beat for... Anything really. Sometimes their punishments were worse and they would sell you off to men for one to even a couple of nights.

I still have nightmares.

No one cared what you looked like, as long if you could your job then it was fine. Even if you looked like a freak with all the purple bruise's and hand marks across you everywhere, it would bring people in. The more people got brought in each performance the better.

I must have not hid my fear good enough, or Kaz can just read me better then anyone else can because a concerned look flash's across his face and he brush's his gloved hand against my own for a split second.

"What about you." The man comes over and points at me. I freeze. No, I could just gut you right on the spot how about that! My mind screams at me.

But there something else you could do

Something that wouldn't come with bad memories, something that my mother and father used to do, something I thought was useless.

Till now.

"Do you have a piano?"

Kaz Pov!

Y/n sits down on the piano bench and shallows tightly like she's nervous and Kaz has no fucking idea what she's doing.

Honestly, Kaz could have been fine with just Inej and Jesper taking the performing path to the little palace but having Y/n go with them would be better, more operable.

But he had no idea what she was doing.

He knows about her past after a job gone wrong, that lead to a panic attack, and they slowly came together after that.

Slowly.

Y/n place's her shaking hands over the keys and she plays a bit of a beautiful intro but then...She sings.

Laying in the silence

Waiting for the sirens

Her voice lifts into the air above the crowd, hanging like silhouettes in the air. Kaz nearly gasps at the sound of her voice. But he is not nearly quick enough to school his expression because wonder splays across it.