Kaz Brekker x fem! Mute Reader - Monsters (Dancing eyes Part 2/2)

A/n: So this doesn't make sense but hey... I guess that's just that?

Warnings: Blood, mild gore, angst, doesn't make sense, murder, I think that's it? You have been warned!

Summary: Part 2/2 to Dancing eyes go read that first or else this won't make sense!

Monsters are such particular creatures.

You are always taught what a monster is at a young age, the myths, the legends, the bedtime stories. But monsters aren't those beasts you hear about when your a kid, no monsters are sometimes right in front of you.

A human. Humans are monsters.

Not all humans are monsters, most aren't. But they thrive in the darkness basking in the red of the blood on their hands. Humans are the monsters who you don't think are the monsters. Not the ones who've built themselves up to be one. No, the real monsters are the ones that kill children because they're told to.

You are one of those people. A monster, I mean.

That's why you left, that's why you left the Dregs, the Crows, your friends, and Kaz. Oh, Kaz.

It ripped you apart to leave them, the only place where you had ever found a home but their safety had come first they needed to stay safe. Safe from you.

Unfortunately, the saints had other ideas for you.

You had to come back, the barrel as it seemed needed Nemesis - the name you were given so you would choose to keep the balance of everything. But of course, as soon as you left the Crows just had to get themselves into trouble with Pekka fucking Rollins.

And you had to protect your Crows. But the only thing ringing in the back of your mind was that you needed to protect Kaz, but saints he probably didn't want it. You had left him and you didn't leave a note for weeks to let him know that you were at least alright.

But you went anyways.

So you took care of it. Threatened him a bit, didn't kill him (surprisingly) and dropped his knocked-out cold body at his house. Everything was fine, but you were naive the think that Kaz didn't already have a plan so when the Wraith saw you leaving it shouldn't have been much of a surprise.

When she tried to capture you it wasn't either, it also wasn't a surprise that you had overcome her, you had increased your training for weeks now.

"You should come back." The Wraith said on the ground groaning as she slowly gets up from her knees.

"He's going to burn his empire down without you. And he might just go with it."

You sigh silently and for the first time in years you wished you could speak, but no words would ever come out of your mouth. You knew that, yet you still yearned for it. But it was to keep balance to everything and this was simply the price.

Looking up at Inej you raise an eyebrow at her. She rolls her eyes but a sly smirk was slowly growing on her face as she jumps into the shadows.

"Keep up! Everyone else will be there as well!"

Damn it, Inej.

================TIME SKIP========================

You silently open the door to Kaz's office steping in and breathing in the air. The air where Kaz Brekker lives, the man you fell in love with.

"Why?" You jump around to see Kaz behind you looking as sharp as ever to anyone. But you were not just anyone, you could see the look in his eyes that tells you he's broken and he doesn't think he'll be able to fix himself this time. Dirtyhands was on the brink of being beaten.

Do you know why I go by Nemesis?

Kaz just shakes his head as he close's the door, and walks towards you. You lose your breath for a second realizing how close he really is.

It was the first name I knew when I was being trained as an assassin. I didn't even know my birth name till I was fifteen and at that point, I was too far gone. Nemesis is a goddess in the culture that I came from, she's a goddess of many things but one of those things is balance.

You pause your hand movements for a moment to look at his face to see even the slightest emotion, nevertheless, his face remained neutral. You really did hurt him, didn't you?

So I keep the balance of everything- there can be no light without darkness and no dark without its light. So I burned the culture because it was getting too powerful. I'm a human turned monster, Inej said you were going to burn down your empire. I won't stop you.

"You always had a flair for the dramatics."

Tears well up in your eyes as you grip onto the chair beside you and in one fluid motion you break the space between you two and kiss him.

He pulls away and cups your cheek but he keeps his distance in between both of your bodies.

Tears pool out of your eyes and you're unable to stop them as you take out a lighter from the back of your cloak. You flick it on and you drop it on the wood floors of the Slat right next to Kaz as you jump onto the window sill. You see Kaz's eye's widened and the tears are freely running down your face now as you shut the window and lock it.

Praying that he could perhaps get out but as you walk away from the burning building you know it's too late.

The game was over the Crows were gone. Now, where was your prize for beating the last level?

"Is it done?"

You whip your head around to see the man coming out of the shadows. You nod your head.

"Good girl."

The deal.

He laughs and you ball your hands into fits. "Your father is right here for you ma'am!"

You look around frazzled looking for your dad but you realize your mistake. Never keep your eye off the enemy.

The man jumps onto you and he plunges a dagger into your stomach. You lay on the ground with the man wearing a sicken grin over top of you.

"I trained you little one, I know your moves. My little monster." The man's voice changes as he says this and you realize it's your father.

"Now your one last wish before you die? I know dramatic but..."

He goes and imitates Kaz's voice nearly perfectly; "You always had a flair for the dramatics."

Your hands shake on the ground but you manage to make out a message through the shock.

Go to hell.

And in knowing your signing your death warrant you grab the dagger from your stomach and you slice his throat.

You forget, mom taught me too.

And you stumble back trying to stay up using the brick wall but it's no use as you tumble down to the ground hitting your head on the cold hard stones of Ketterdam.

You died.

Game over.

Deleting player progress.

Words 1143

-kk123huff