Riff (WSS) x fem! Reader - Angel

A/n: Ya, I apologize for writing this

Warnings: I don't think there's any???

Summary: Riff always watched Y/n from afar never wanting too get too close...

I do not own West Side Story, or any of it's characters. I also do not own this gif

(Pronouns used: She/her)

She was an angel.

An absolute saint, no one could figure out why she was the way she was but she was nice to everyone. She can absolutely stand up for herself, and she does have one mean left hook, but she was still kind and generous to everyone. It didn't matter if you were a Jet or a Shark she was good to everyone.

He often watched her from afar, he didn't want to get too close to the girl after all he was afraid he'd taint her. Her tenderheartedness was something no one took for granted, and it was the one thing that the Jets and the Sharks agreed on. Y/n was free to do whatever she wanted, she was allowed the roam free throughout both gangs.

Hence why Riff was confused on why she came up to him.

"You know you're allowed to talk to me right?" The young girl came up to him and brushed her hand and over his. There seemed to be a soft glow around Y/n - there always was, but it just seemed different today. Sadder, tired, broken.

"What do you mean? I talk to ya!" He says defensively and he pulls away his hand.

She just shakes her head before turning away, though even without her facing him he could tell she was upset. She always wore her heart on her sleeve, it was something dangerous yet no one had the heart to tell her to stop. Ironic, really. Although, it was one of her quality's that may have saved both gangs from killing each other.

"No you don't, you avoid me at all costs, and when I go to talk to you you just turn away." Her voice normally would be strong, and fierce, a force to be reckoned with, but right now it didn't sound anything of the sort. It sounded like she was splintering.

"Hell, I don't even think we've had a real conversation till now."

Part of him is yelling at himself to talk to her like he's always longed to, but the other part of him is hissing that he'll just end up hurting her like he does everything else. Riff didn't care for much, he was probably the definition of trouble itself he even had the audacity to like it, but he cared for Y/n more than he ought to.

So he just stay's silent contemplating what to say and he decides that silence is better. Than that way, he wouldn't screw anything up.

Yet this seems to be enough of an answer for Y/n and she turns around to face him with a sad face.

"Why do you hate me?"

In that moment he throws everything away, he throws away the fact that his gang and the Sharks were probably lagging around on somewhere watching, he throws away the fact that this is happening in the middle of the street, (where anyone could see them.) And he throws away the fact that he's the big, scary, leader of the Jets.

"No, no, no." Riff takes a step forward and cups her face between his hands.

"I could never hate you angel." His voice for the first time is soft and sweet, and slowly he could see the fierce woman coming back.

"Than why..." Y/n trails off simply because there wasn't anything more that she needed to say. They both knew what she was talking about.

"Because I'm trouble angel," The little nickname coming through again. "Even I know that."

Her face scrunches up, and her nose wrinkles as she warps her arms around his neck. She leans in close right next to his ear, so close that he can feel her breath fan out across his neck. His heart speeds up it's pace, beating so loudly that he was sure she could hear. He hadn't ever felt this way for any girl, butterflies start soaring in his stomach as her lips brush over the cuff of his ear. Some tiny part of him is whispering; 'This is dangerous territory.' But he can't help but not care, he was never very good at listening.

"Bullshit, pretty boy." She barely utters before she pulls him into a kiss.

The fire in him erupts and the last bit of him that's connected to reality disappears, as he deepens the kiss softly his hands falling down to her waist bringing her in closer.

He was an idiot, did he really think he would follow the one rule he set for himself? He was a notorious rule breaker, there was no way he was going to be able to follow a rule he set out himself.

She tasted sweet - like the candy at Doc's, he observes in a fantasy-like state. Kissing her felt like drowning, like they were falling into an endless, stupid abyss of trouble and yet at the same time she was as vital as air. In his mind she was even more vital than air that he needs to breath with.

They pull away and he must imagine the look that Y/n's seeing on his face, bewilderment, happiness, love? Oh, fuck that wasn't supposed to show.

In that felting moment he realized he was showing too much of what he feels for her. Love.

"Angel maybe we should talk-"

Y/n shuts him up with a peck and a smirk.

"I don't think there's anything to talk about."

She was going to be the death of him.

"The others-"

She cuts him off once again by snuggling her head into the crook of his shoulders and whatever Riff's going to say next dies in his throat.

He can't believe he's being the responsible one of the two.

"I love you, that will be enough for them." She shrugs like it's the most simplest thing ever. As if.

Nevertheless he can't find anything to contradict that statement, he's too busy looking at Y/n.

"Don't worry angel, I love you too."

Words 999

-thedelusionreaderbitch