Kaz Brekker x fem! Reader - Staying

A/n: I'm screaming because I watched the first episode of Shadow and bone and AHHHHHH!!!!!!

 So I'm providing you with this!!! (Requests are open)

Warnings: Angst, Sad Kaz, death, fluff, I think that's it? You have been warned!

Summary: Kaz see's something happen to you and thinks the worst(This is Kaz's pov)

All rights go to Leigh Bardugo, Netflix and you! I just own the plot!

Kaz shouldn't have fell. Not for her, she deserved so much better. He should have stopped himself.

He remembers the first time he sees her; blood all over her dress, knives in her hands, dead bodies littered around her.

But her skin looked like silk, her hair was let loose flowing with the wind, and her eyes. Oh her eyes looked like the sun and the stars in the sky combined.

She was beautiful.

He closed his eyes breathing in a shuttering breath. She is gone. He needed to remind himself of that, that she wasn't here anymore. She wasn't here to try and make him smile. She wasn't here to hold his hand with the gloves or without. She wasn't here to be with him anymore.

Tears stinged his eyes and threaten to burst, but he needed to close himself off. To not feel anything anymore.

Kaz Brekker has a lot of regrets.

He used to regret spending time with her, he used to tell himself to push her away. To let her go.

He wished he hadn't let her go on the mission.

He got up from his desk, don't think about her. She's not real. She's not real. She's dead. She's not-

"I'm back."

He whipped his head around to where the girl, no woman sat.

"Come to haunt me." He grumbles and turns his head back towards his papers, still standing.His legs feel weak with longing, and his bad leg hurts a bit more than it should. His head feels like a bowling ball and his mind is worse. Surprisingly there's a wound from the last mission that he hadn't stitched up, but he's still waiting to meet her in death. Kaz knows the wound will get infected and eventually kill him.

Or the lack of sleep will.

Y/n or just his imagination quirks her head to the side and studies him, a concerned expression takes over her dazzling features.

"Are you okay?" The figment of his imagination asks. Oh it sounds like her though melodious voice, and it would be just like Y/n to be worried over a barrel boss.

"Do I look like it?" He snaps at her. He remembers trying to push her away with dirtyhands. Now he wished he hadn't snapped at her, even if it was a figment of his imagination.