Chapter 14

Team was sitting on his bed, trying to understand the newest Math exercise, but he could not concentrate. His mind was somewhere else. He groaned annoyed and grabbed his phone and checked the time, when he suddenly got a message from Pharm, asking if he is studying right now. Team sent Pharm a quick reply. When he left the chat, he got stuck at Win's number. Team thought about the message Win had sent him earlier, while staring at it. He wanted to call him. He wanted to speak to him. But what would he say? Win hasn't answered any of his messages or calls. "Is he mad at me?", Team mumbled and let himself fall back into the bed with closed eyes, groaning. "Why did he not answer my messages? And what did he mean? What does he want? And why did he get so drunk in the first place? I have never seen him like that."

Team shook his head in frustration, took his phone away, throw an arm over his eyes and let himself fall back into the pillows of his bed. "Maybe he does not trust me enough to tell me", he said to himself. The thought of Win not trusting him enough to tell him how he feels hurt Team. Win never tells him how he is. He always takes care of him, but he never tells him how he is feeling. "Why does he not trust me? Why does he not let me help him? I feel so useless. Hia has always been there when I could not sleep at night, because of my nightmares. He is always by my side. He always wants to know what happened when I am depressed. He even kind of forces me to tell him when I am upset. But he never tells me anything. He always suffers all by himself."

Team hated himself for thinking that way. He hated himself for being jealous of Dean. Dean knows more about Win than anyone else. More than he does. Team was sure that when anything would bother his senior, he would tell Dean, not him. "Why can't I be the one he trusts the most? I wish I could be someone special to him like he is to me. But I am just his junior." Team could feel the tears in his eyes. He tried so hard, not to cry, but he could not hold back any longer. started crying. "You are really stupid, Teerayu. Stupid for thinking Hia sees anything else in you, but his junior. I should have realized when I saw him making out with this dude in the club. Even my stupid brain understands that, but..my heart does not. I am nothing more than his junior. But why does it hurt so much? Why can't I stop thinking about him? Why does my heart beat so fast, when he is standing next to me? Why do I always get so nervous, when he puts his arm around my shoulder? Why do I always feel this tingling in my stomach when I smell his aftershave? I don't understand, what that means? What are these feelings? Do I like Hia? Do I have feelings for him? If so, I can't tell him. I will never tell him because he would laugh at me. Of course, he would laugh at me. Just because someone is nice to you, does not mean he has feelings for you. Hia is just a nice person. That's just how he is. But this has nothing to do with me. He treats everyone this way. I am nothing special to him. There are so many pretty girls, who like him. So many, who want to be with him. And why wouldn't they? Hia is so handsome, smart, nice, caring and funny. I don't even understand why he is wasting his time with me in the first place. Maybe it's because our best friends are boyfriends. Maybe he was just depressed because Dean lately spends more time with Pharm than with him. I just don't want to feel like this anymore. I don't want to have these feelings. Out of all people, why did I have to fall for Hia Win? The playboy Phawin?"

Win could not believe what had happened. He wished he could just disappear. He had called Team...DRUNK. What was he thinking? He had never done something like that before. Normally, he knows pretty well, how much alcohol he can take, before he starts doing stupid stuff, like calling someone drunk and making a confession.

'At least, I did not confess to him', he thought. "I cannot take losing him. Our relationship would never be the same if he knew. But I think it is better if I try to avoid him for the next few days. Besides, I wouldn't be able to face him now. Maybe I should take some days off and visit my parents? My grades are the best in class and we have no exams next week. I think, taking a few days off, would help me clear my mind. And maybe..help me get over him. Maybe not seeing him for a few days will help me..to accept that he has a girlfriend."

Monday was the worst day of the week. Team hated Mondays. Firstly, it took him too long to go out of bed, which resulted in him being almost late for class. That Monday was no exception. He had just enough time to brush his teeth, before he hurried to school. When he arrived in class, Manaow and Pharm were already there. "Team? What happened? You look awful today. Did you oversleep?", Manaow asked, worriedly looking at her friend. Team's hair was a mess. The shirt of his school uniform was sloppily buttoned and hung out of his pants. Team sat on the desk and laid his head on it. He did not answer. He did not want to talk right now. Manaow and Pharm accepted it, even though they were a little worried about their best friend. Both knew, if Team did not want to talk about it willingly, there was no way of getting it out of him.

Team almost did not speak the whole morning. It was already 1 pm. when Team, Manaow, and Pharm were sitting in the cafeteria. They were talking about an upcoming project they had to work on when Pharm spotted Dean. "Hey Dean!", he called his boyfriend over. "Hey", Dean answered with a soft smile. "I haven't seen you all day", he said a little sad and took a seat next to Pharm.

Team took a look around. But his eyes did not catch the person he was looking for. "Where is Hia?", he asked Dean worried. "Win asked me to tell the teacher that he will take a few days off. His grades are pretty good, also because we have no tests planned for next week." "Oh, I see. Do you know, when he is coming back?", Team asked with a sad-sounding voice. "I don't know. He texted me this morning, that he is with his family and I should take notes for him. But..he seemed pretty sad", Dean said, knowing what saying that would do to Team. "Dean? What is wrong with Hia lately?", Team asked again worried. Dean closed his eyes and took a deep breath. "I am sorry, Team, but this is something you should ask Win." "Dean..I..I am really worried about him. Please, tell me..what is wrong with him?"

____________________________________________________________

A/N: Thank you so much for reading this story. I know I haven't uploaded for a long time. But I am back now and motivated to continue this story. I also really love the new cover. It is soo much better than the old one.