Chapter 34

Pharm's words were echoing in Teams head. "Team..I have to tell you something. It is about P'Win. He..he had an accident. And..he is in a coma. The doctor said it's serious." The next thing Team knew was that he was lying in his bed. His head hurt, and Pharm, Dean, and Manaow were by his side. "How are you feeling?" Pharm asked softly. "My head hurts like hell. What happened?" Team asked confused. "Team, what do you remember?" his best friend asked. "I..Win.." Team whispered and jumped off his seat, but Pharm held him back. "Let me go!" Team screamed at him while tears were floating down his face. "Team!! Calm down, ok?!" Dean shouted at him. "P..Dean" Pharm was looking at his boyfriend in shock. He had never seen Dean like that. "Don't act like you care about him. You did not care about his feelings before! You are the reason why he left! You are the reason why he wanted to leave everything behind! If it wasn't for you..he would.." Suddenly Dean felt a burning sensation on his cheek. Manaow had slapped him. Pharm and Team were looking at Manaow, shocked about what just happened. "No one is allowed to talk like that to Team!! Not in front of me! What did you even think about blaming the accident on Team?! It was not his fault P'Win left! It was not his fault that he had this accident! Don't you see, how hurt he is?! Don't you see how..! I can't believe what you just said!" Team and Pharm have never seen Manaow this angry. She was like a mother whose child had been hurt. "Manaow..please..it is ok" Team tried to calm her down. "I..I think it would be the best..if I take you home, P'Dean" Pharm suggested. "I will stay with Team" Manaow said while taking Teams' hand and squeezing it softly. Dean looked at Pharm and nodded. He knew that it was really the best for all if he would leave for now. And even though he knew that he should not have said any of that to Team..he was just so angry and worried. After all..it was his best friend they were talking about.

Soon after Dean and Pharm were at Dean's house, sitting on his bed.  "I am sorry for Manaow. She..she is just worried about..about Team. You know how much she loves him" Pharm said while holding a cool-pack on Deans' cheek, trying to reduce the swelling Manaow's punch had caused. "I shouldn't have said that but..you know.." Dean's voice started cracking. "Is Win's condition really that serious?" Tears were running down Dean's face. Pharm let his boyfriend cry on his shoulder while he was stroking his hair softly. "I am here. I won't leave you. I promise. We will get through this..together" he whispered into Dean's ear. "I just don't know..what I do if he..He is my best friend, Pharm. I need him" Dean said crying.

Manaow and Team were laying on his bed. Manaow hugged him, while Team was sleeping. He had cried until he finally fell asleep. Manaow sighed in relief. "Finally" she whispered while stroking Team's hair. "I am so sorry, Team. I wish I could do something. I feel so helpless."

View was sitting on Win's bed in the hospital. He was reading something to him. A book Win liked. When he had finished the page he was on, he put the book on the table next to the bed, watching Win. "I can't believe..out of all of us 3 brothers..that you are the one lying here. You have always told Wan and I that we need to be more careful. You have always taken care of me, protected me. Like a good Hia does. And now..there is nothing I can do to help you. There is nothing I can do for you" View's voice started cracking and tears were running down his face. He hasn't cried this hard for years. "Please..Hia..I need you. I need you to wake up. I don't know what I should do without you. I..I can't take care of Wan alone. I need you."

It was far after midnight. Wan was sitting in the kitchen, looking at his mug on the table, when he hurt something. "Can't sleep?" Samiya asked softly, squeezing Wan's shoulders. "No. I am thinking about.." "Win?" Wan nodded. "I don't understand how this could have happened. He has always been so careful. What..what distracted him? Why didn't he watch out? Why..I don't understand. Win has never been hurt. Not even when we were younger. He was always so careful. I can't understand..The doctor said he was drunk. But..Win barely drinks..and if he does..he never gets really drunk. He has always been a careful drinker. Other than his older brother. I don't understand why he let himself get so drunk..that he did not hear the car."

When Team opened his eyes, the sun was already shining into his room. Manaow was still sleeping next to him. He smiled while looking at her. How did I deserve a friend like her? Team asked himself. "Suddenly he heard his phone ringing. It was his mother calling. Team did not want to talk to her. He did not want to talk to anyone right now, but he did not want to reject the call either, after all..she was his mother and he still had a bit of manner left, especially for the woman who gave birth to him. "Hello, mom?" "Teerayu? Where are you? I have tried to call you. Why didn't you answer my calls?" his mother asked. "I..I was sleeping" Team answered. "Well, we need some things to arrange for the wedding. I expect you and Araya to meet us this weekend. Please be on time. You know I don't want to wait" she demanded. Team had already forgotten about the engagement. Win was all he could think about at the moment. Who cares what kind of flowers they will have at their wedding? Who cares what song they are gonna play when Araya is walking down the aisle? Or what kind of meat they are going to offer. He did not care about any of that. The only thing in his head was Win, but his mother would never understand. Nothing seems to be more important to her than this wedding.

"Teerayu? Are you even listening?" his mother's voice brought him back to reality. "What did you say, mom?" Team asked. "I said we have already a date for the wedding. I think it would be better to marry as soon as possible, not just in a few years. What about May?" Team was shocked. May?! That would be..a few months from now. "Teerayu? Teerayu? Are you still there?"