Chapter 44

The last time Team has seen a hospital was when he was a child and he had no good memories about it. It happened after he almost drowned in the pool. Even though it was a different hospital, the sounds and the scent were the same. He didn't like it. To be honest, he hated it. But..he had to be strong. He had to keep his emotions under control..for Win. "Are you ok?" Dean's gentle voice brought him back to reality. "No" Team answered. "But..I won't back down" he answered, closed his eyes, and took a deep breath. By this time Team's heart was already beating like crazy in his chest. Soon after Dean and Team were standing outside Win's room. "The doctor said we can't stay for too long" Dean said. "And..only one of us should.." Team nodded and carefully touched the doorknob. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath before he opened the door.

Even though Team promised himself not to cry, he couldn't hold back his tears any longer

Even though Team promised himself not to cry, he couldn't hold back his tears any longer. He didn't want to cry, because he knew there was nothing Win hated more than being the reason for Team's tears, but when he saw his Hia laying there, hooked up to machines because he couldnt breathe on his own, he couldn't hold back any longer. Soon hot tears were running down his face. "Hia..I..I am so sorry" Team said while crying. "I..If I had told you..If I hadn't been such a coward..If I had told you right from the start..what I feel for you..I didn't know..I thought..I thought there was no chance someone like you..would ever have feelings for someone like me. I thought..I thought you deserve someone better. Someone..someone nicer, smarter, prettier..than me. I didn't realize..I didn't realize your feelings. I am sorry. I ignored your feelings because I couldn't believe ..someone as perfect as you..could ever like someone as broken and..imperfect as me. I am sorry, I made you feel like you were nothing special to me. Because..you are the most special person in my life. You are my "special person", Hia. I wish I could tell you..I wish I could tell you all those things I feel in my heart. If I could..I would tell you..that you are the last thing I think about when I go to sleep and the first thing I think about when I wake up. I wish I could tell you..how I feel when you are near me when you touch me when you whisper things into my ear to calm me down after having a nightmare. There are so many things I want to tell you, but..There are so many things I need you to know. But..especially..that..that I love you. I love you, Hia. Please, don't leave me. Please, it would kill me, if you.." Team couldn't stop crying when he suddenly felt a hand on his shoulder. "Team, it is time" he heard Dean's voice. Team whipped his tears away, took Win's hand, and kissed it. "I wish I had told him..before.." "He knows" Dean softly said. "I am sure he knows how you feel. And..I am sure he heard you." Dean kept stroking Team's back, while the boy was crying on his shoulder.

Team was able to stay a few weeks in New York. Of course, he visited Win every day. One day, Team was sitting on his bed, holding his hand. "You have always told me I should start playing the guitar again. Do you remember how mad you got when I told you I haven't practiced for months? You said I wasn't even able to play a song anymore. You are wrong. I have practiced a lot in the last weeks. I can play a song now. I..I am sure you'd like it" And he started playing.