Chapter 23

Win spent the whole day with Samiya. He enjoyed spending time with her. It's been a long time since the two of them have done something together. "I really missed that", Samiya said with a smile, while both were taking a walk through New York. It was nice weather. Not too cold, not too warm. "Me too", Win answered and tried to smile, but his thoughts were somewhere else, or with someone else. "You think about him again, am I right?", Samiya asked softly. "I am sorry, Samiya", Win tried to apologize, but Samiya shook her head. "There is no need to apologize. I know how you are feeling", she said. Suddenly her face got sad. "I know what it feels like to be lovesick", she almost whispered.

"You do? How? Wan and you.. you are the perfect couple", Win said a little shocked about Samiya's sudden confession. " Wan and I have been together for almost 7 years now. You may know that we met each other in school. But..other than your family, my family was not really supportive. My father did not like Wan. He did not want me to be in a relationship when I am still in school. It did not really help, when he found out, that the boy I was dating was the son of a rich family. My dad never liked those people." "I did not know that", Win said. "Back then, I did not know what to do. I knew, that I loved Wan and I wanted to be with him. But..I also loved my family..My dad wanted me to break up with him.. I did. But I immediately regretted it. Shortly after my family moved to New York." "I remember. Was that the reason Wan wanted to study in New York rather than London?", Win asked. Samiya nodded. "Yes. He wanted to be with me. Wan has never stopped fighting for our love. Even when I was ready to give up on him..he did never give up on us. If he wouldn't had fought for us..for our relationship..I wouldn't be here. I wouldn't be married to the love of my life. Win..If you really love someone..you need to fight for that love..no matter the consequences."

Team was lying in his bed. He did not go to school on this day. It was already afternoon, but the boy hasn't left his bed since. He was burying his face into his pillow and tried to shut out the world around him. Team did not want to see or hear anything or anyone. His eyes were red and his face was puffy from all the crying last night. Pharm and Manaow had tried to call him multiple times, but the boy did not answer a single call. He just wanted to be alone. He was trying to sleep, but he couldn't. Whenever he closed his eyes, he saw the blonde senior before him. His heart ached. "Why does it hurt so much?", he asked himself, when he suddenly heard a knock on his door. "Team? Are you in there?", he heard Araya's voice from outside. "Team?" Suddenly the door opened and Araya went in. She took a worried look at Team and frowned. "Are you not feeling well?" "I just have a little cold", Team said, his face still buried into his pillow. Araya put a hand on his forehead and sight. "You really seem sick. Your eyes are all puffy and red." Team was glad, Araya did not know that he had cried the whole night.

"I am fine. Just a little headache", Team lied and turned away from her. "Is there anything I can do to make you feel better?", Araya asked softly and sat down beside him, one hand on his tight, stroking it softly up and down. "I am really ok, Araya. Just a little bit tired. I did not sleep well last night", Team lied. He felt guilty. How often has he lied to her? But he couldn't tell her the reason why he cried. He could not tell her, that he cried because he was lovesick. He could not tell her, that the only person he has ever had feelings for, did not feel the same.

Team was so deep in his thoughts, that he did not hear Araya talking to him the whole time. Suddenly he was woken up from his daydream, by Araya's voice. "Do you remember the promise we made back when we were kids?", the girl asked. Team tried to remember. But somehow he couldn't. He could not figure what Araya was talking about. Araya smiled softly at him. "We promised each other, that..someday when we are adults, we are gonna get married." Team was shocked when he heard Araya's words. Married?! The girl smiled softly at him and stroke his arm. "Team, I've been in love with you since we were kids." Team looked at her with a shocked face. He had never known about Araya's feelings for him. But when he thought about it, it was no wonder. Team was never really good at recognizing others' feelings for him. "Araya..I..I.." "Is there anyone else you love?", Araya asked and Team's heart skipped a beat. He immediately thought about Win. He could see the blonde's face before him but shook his face to get rid of it. "No..I mean..not really", he almost whispered.

"If there is no one..please..give us a chance. I've been in love with you for so many years Team. Our families know each other since we were little. Our parents are friends with each other. If there is no other girl in your life..if there is no other girl you are in love with right now..please..Team..Please, marry me. Let me be your fiancee."