Chapter 6

A few days later, Team was sitting in the kitchen, eating breakfast with his parents. His mother was looking at him, while he took a bite of his sandwich.

"Team. Do you remember Mr Noppanon?", his mother asked. Team was thinking. "Yes, he is the CEO of dad's company. Why?" "And do you remember his daughter, Araya?" "Sure. We met each other a few times in the past. She is a really nice girl", Team said. He remembered Araya well. The two hang out with each other in the past. Araya was quiet but cute. She was a really nice girl.  When he was a kid, he often played with her. Back then, Team was really shy. Making friends was difficult for him because he was too afraid of other people. He always played alone. But one day, his dad brought his colleague and his daughter home. Araya and Team were at the same age. First, he did not talk to her, because he was too afraid, but Araya asked him to play with her. Soon later, both became friends. When her dad got a new job at another company, Araya and her family moved to another country. Team only knows that they left Thailand a few years ago. He has not seen her since.

"Araya will be transferring to your school and Mr Noppanon wants you to take care of her. You should show her everything and help her. Araya will be in your class after the next holidays", Team's mom said. "Do you really think, this is a good idea? I have a lot to do for school and the swim club. I think I won't have time for that at the moment." "Please Team. You are the only person she knows here." Team frowned. "Ok. I will show her around and tell her everything she needs to know about our school." His mom smiled. "You are a good boy. I knew I could count on you." "When does she arrive?", Team asked. "Next Monday", his mom said. "Please meet her this weekend and tell her something about school. I have already talked to her and she can't wait to meet you. You two haven't seen each other for a long time. "Ok, mom. I am gonna call her and tell her to meet me", Team said.

A few days later, Araya and Team met in the park to talk about her new school. Team was sitting on a bench in the park, waiting for Araya, when someone covered his eyes from behind. "Guess who is it." Team was a little bit shocked at that moment. "You have not forgotten me, have you?" Team turned around and saw a girl with long brown hair standing behind him. "Araya?", he said with a surprising tone in his voice. "So you DO remember me", she said smiling and hugged him tightly. "Long time, no see."

Araya was a few inches smaller than Team. She had long brown hair and a cute face. The last time Team saw her, Araya was a little girl, but now she was a young woman. "You have changed a lot Teami. But your cheeks are as chubby as I remembered", Araya said smiling and pinched his cheek softly. "Don't call me chubby. I lost a lot of weight recently", Team complaint. "So you mean, you used to be more chubby?", Araya said with a teasing voice. "Let's change the subject", Team suggested. "How is the school here?", Araya asked. "Great. Tomorrow I will show you everything and I will introduce you to my friends. I think you will like them. Do you remember Pharm? The friend, I told you about?" Araya was thinking.  "You showed me a picture of him and that girl. What was her name again?", Araya asked. "Manaow?" "Yes. Is she your girlfriend?", Araya asked him. Team almost choked on his salvia. "Manaw?! No, she is not. We are just friends. She is really nice and funny. You will like her." Araya smiled softly. "I can't wait to meet them", she said with a soft smile on her face.

It was still early in the morning. Team and Araya were some of the first students arriving at school. Team wanted to show her everything, before class starts.

"So this is your school?", Araya asked Team, while they were standing in front of the gate. "Yes. It is just an ordinary school. Nothing special", he replied. Araya chuckled. "What is so funny?" "Nothing. I just remembered something. When we first met, you were so shy, you couldn't even look me in the eyes or talk to me", she said smiling. Team was blushing. "You still remember that? This is so embarrassing", he moaned, turning his face away. Araya chuckled. "What's so funny? " "Nothing special", Araya said. "I just missed your behavior when you're embarrassed. You are still the same", she said and touched Team's shoulder, as she heard someone calling Team's name behind her.

"Team! Hey. What are you doing here? It's half-past seven. School starts in half an hour." Team turned around and saw Win and Dean standing behind him. Win viewed Araya standing next to Team. "Who is that?", he asked curiously. "My name is Araya. I am Team's girlfriend and who are you?"