Chapter Twenty Three - "I promise it's not a sex toy."

This was a pretty extensive chapter. Hope you enjoy it!! (the inspiration song for the family conversation in sidebar).

I walk out of the room feeling like I just walked through the pits of hell, but at this point I may as well have. Why colleges want us high school seniors to kill ourselves over these scores is beyond me, but I swear I never want to look at that exam ever again.

Yes, I just took my ACT test. Normally, people just take the SAT and call it a day, but the schools I want to apply to suggest one or the other and, from what I've heard, the SAT is really annoying to take. I just took everyone's word for it, and it wasn't a horrible test to take, it was just REALLY long and it's freezing cold in this part of the school where the test was in. I mean, I know its fall now, but it's warmer outside then it was in that damn room.

I go to the vending machine before I go outside and catch my ride with Paul, and as I'm punching in the number 4 for my Reese's, Caroline comes from behind me trying to make me talk to her, but I'm giving her the silent treatment.

I'm not talking to her because she was SUPPOSED to wake me up this morning (senior year is making me so tired) for the exam and we'd go together in her mom's car, but somehow she forgot that she was supposed to wake me up, and I only had like 15 minutes to make it to the school before the exam started.

Had Brad not called me to ask about some random paper we had to do for English at like 7am, I would have been toast. She knows damn well she messed up, which is why I'm letting the silent treatment last until Monday morning (or when she decides to break into my house and threaten to chop my balls off if I keep ignoring her, that crazy woman).

I walk right past her with my head held high toward Brad, who has picked up on me not talking to Caroline so he tries to join me in ignoring her, but he can't get away with it quite as well as I can.

"Ignore me and you and your girlfriend will never see your balls again". And with that, Brad smiled at her (a genuinely real smile or a fear smile is a question for the gods.)

So much shit has been happening the last month because everyone in the group has a boyfriend/girlfriend. Well, almost everyone. Caroline is still single, but this might be a lifelong issue at this point with her. I'm kidding....Maybe.

Alice and her boyfriend actually just broke up last week, and she wouldn't really go into detail about the end of it. I asked her if it was because he was gay, and she said no. I would feel bad if she had to go through that type of thing twice; she'd be labelled the straight guy to gay guy girl. Huh, I like the title if I'm being honest, but she'll rip my head off if I told her that.

Jayna and Dennis are going strong too these days. I think this is three (official) months coming up by the 22nd of October, which is nice. So far there has been no belting of the voices, no big fights or wars or anything, which is always good I guess. I now she's really happy with him, because he is a good guy and the fact that he is very gifted, wink wink. Caroline needs to stop cornering her to tell her things, because hearing what your best friends boyfriend can do with his hands in the middle of science class is a little off putting (and it kind of turns me on too a little bit, but they'll never know that).

Brad and his "girlfriend" Evelyn (Satan) have been together for like three weeks, and none of us like her. Jayna hates her the most, mainly because she is a walking bitch from hell. The other day Jayna and I are walking to her house and we see her and she says hi to Evelyn to be nice, and that bitch said "don't talk to me, loser." I know Jayna was mad, but I was ready to attack her for her. Caroline has that 'I hate her when she's around but pretend to love her when she's here' type thing with her, which I don't know how to feel about it. I'm only even letting Brad date her because apparently she's extremely smart (he's an idiot, he needs her) and "angry sex is the best". His words, not mine. I don't even know how he found her, but we refuse for him to bring her over to our houses unless Caroline is there to fake it with her because we literally cannot stand her.