Chapter Seventeen - "Is that why you kept avoiding me? "

New Chapter is up!!!! The title of this chapter comes from Troye Sivan's new EP song "Fun". Give it a listen! Enjoy ya'll!!!

Caroline, stupidly, attempted to ride a skateboard today of all weekends: Fourth of July weekend. Let's just say that she's lucky that she didn't die going down the hill she went down. At first, Brad and I literally fell on the floor laughing at her when she landed on the concrete street, but when she couldn't get up we realized that she really hurt herself this time.

Both Caroline and Jayna are prone to injuries, although in the last two years, Jayna was the clear winner of these wars. The last real injury Caroline had was a messed up finger from when a basketball crushed it inward for a week and a half last fall. Jayna breaks something every six months, although her last injury was rather light this year, that being just a basic sprain from running a lot.

Brad and I had to bring Caroline to the ER, which is always so fun during the summer. Hot waiting room, other stupid and possibly intoxicated youths, and the unusually bitchy nurse behind the desk. This is how you live the best summer ever.

Caroline couldn't move her arm to answer the notepad the nurse handed us, so I had to scribble down her answers while Brad stared at some of the doctors. Whether they were male or female, I am not sure at all. After what seemed like 40,000 years, the nurse finally called the three of us into the office.

After explaining the epic story of how Caroline wanted to prove she was coordinated on Brad's old skateboard, and the outcome that came out of her stubbornness to accept defeat, the doctor took some x-rays to check the damage she's done to herself. When the doctor leaves the room, Brad starts snickering to himself.

"I swear to god I hate the both of you!" She says through her teeth, as if she's being monitored by the FBI.

"Oh no, you don't get to talk. I told you a hundred times, 'do not get on his skateboard, you will not survive this'. You said you could do it, and now look what happened: you obviously couldn't do it." I respond, also on the verge of chuckling a bit.

She takes in a big puff of air, and mutters a 'whatever' under her breath. "Lets just hope I didn't break my arm or damage my brain. My head is still half spinning."

"Your brain has been damaged for a very long time, my friend." Brad jokes, and with that he got a kick in the leg.

The doctor comes back in the room a few minutes later, once Caroline can stop herself from murdering Brad with the rest of her body. He puts her x-rays on the screen, and for the most part she's okay. There is a nasty break in her arm and, according to the doctor, she sprained her right leg when she landed on the floor.

She has to wear a cast on her arm for the next seven weeks to heal that up, which is basically almost the rest of the summer. The sprain on her leg will take less time to heal, and the doctor said she should avoid standing on it for a while. Looks like someone is homebound for a while.

While I love Caroline dearly, I have seen her wayyy too often this summer so far. When I get off work at the deli and go home, she's either already there or on her way to see me. This separation will be good for a few days, I will be able to breath.