Chapter Thirteen - " I took some relaxing pills before I picked you up."

Sorry it took me so long, I kept getting writers block. I finally came up with something that worked well with me. Hope you guys enjoy this chapter !!!

Paul came to pick me up around five in the afternoon, looking extra dashing with a pair of glasses on and nice shirt and jeans. Luckily I didn't look too casual, or else I might have felt bad at the end for not putting in any effort.

Being totally honest, when I thought about the date yesterday I was totally against it. When Jayna and Brad left I tried to call Paul to cancel, but he must have known that I would try that so he purposely didn't answer me and avoided my cancel texts until this afternoon. That sly bastard. I still feel weird about it in the sense that I have Craig in my life now, and it's looking to become serious. And here I am, theoretically cheating on him, with a boy I've been crushing on since the end of time.

I'm so conflicted on the car ride to the movies. I want this to be a horrible date so that I can choose Craig and just be with him and call it a day, but at the exact same time I want him to seriously impress me. And although a movie date isn't super impressive, weirder things have happened to people.

A song by Sam Smith comes on the radio, Stay With Me, and I instantly start humming to it. When the chorus comes on, I'm not the only one humming out loud. I look to my left and I see Paul staring at the road ahead humming at the same volume as me, then a little louder to prove he actually knows the song.

"I get it show off, you know the song". I roll my eyes playfully as I let the sentence roll out of my mouth.

He chuckles to himself a little bit before he speaks next. "I'm surprised you know this song."

Who the hell doesn't know Sam Smith by now? In my mind that's like not knowing Beyonce or Kim Kardashian.

"Of course I do, I have his album pre-ordered on Itunes already." I say. "How do YOU know who he is?"

We stop at a red light on a really busy street. I pass by here every morning, and it is never this busy, was there a car accident or something? Cars are literally riding each other to the point where if this light does turn green, we couldn't go anywhere anyways. Good thing he came early.

"He did this song called Latch with this group called Disclosure, and I've loved him ever since. He's really good." I nodded in agreement, Sam Smith was the real deal. "He has this new song that just came out that's really good, wanna hear it?"

I nod, wanting to hear anything related to that British angel. He plugs his phone to the car and turns the song on. The first five seconds have me in a trance. It was a slow song, and all slow Sam Smith songs are amazing songs. By the middle of the song the road clears up and we're able to drive with no interruption, and I was able to guess the song was titled Leave Your Lover For Me, or something along those lines.

As beautiful as this song was, and it was, it was also very ironic. I'm going on a date with a boy who essentially wants me to do this exact same thing. "Leave" Craig for him. What if this date was great, and I ended up liking him more than Craig, would I really be able to leave Craig for him?