Chapter Five - I'm this close to jumping his bones

Really just a filler chapter, but nonetheless important. Enjoy!

When French started this morning I noticed Raine come in without Paul. That's really odd.

I haven't spoken to him or even looked in his general direction since Saturday, and I was planning on keeping it up if I had to. I was stupid and sloppy, what happened to sticking to the rules!

But still, as much as I was avoiding him, I looked at him when he wasn't looking at me, and normally he's staring at Raine.

Maybe he didn't come to school, or maybe he came late. Either way it's none of my business and I need to get over it. I made a mistake, as we all do. I better not be stupid and make the same mistake twice. Remember the rules.

"Michael! Pay attention!" I jerk myself back to reality as Ms. Lum stares me down like she runs the whole state of Colorado. I can tell she just asked me a question in French, so I just use the most basic French I know.

"Pouvez-vous pas?", which in internet translator terms means "can you not?"

Obviously she was not about my sasstastic remark (not a real word but it is to me so yeah), so she sent me to the main office, which everyone knows is code-word for sneak into the gym classes until the period is over.

I start walking towards the main gym and the person I've been avoiding starts walking up the hall. Even in lazy wear he looks hot like what is this.

He has on those fitted sweatpants that have that thing to make them skinny fit at the bottoms, a dark blue tank top that I can clearly see his nipples in, and his hair is under a beanie. This isn't even his normal look and I'm this close to jumping his bones.

I control myself hard and just walk right past him.

I think he tried calling my name but I just kept walking to the gym. Yes, that was a bit rude but I still feel weird after he just randomly decided to leave. I know I messed up and I don't need forced conversation right now. Maybe in like a month, or after summer vacation this will all be over and I'll like some other straight guy with their being absolutely no hope in us getting together.

I spot my friend Jeremy and I just shoot hoops with him until the period is over.

I run straight to English from the gym. The earlier I get to class and the earlier I get my seat, I can stay avoiding Paul. I'm the third one to enter the room, freaking Kelly and Katherine always get here first to chat it up about gossip.

I would switch seats, but It's April and school will be over soon so there's really no point. I just soak up the fact that Kelly thinks her ex-best friend Ellie got pregnant by her step brother but he won't step up to be the father, so Kelly's going to tell her mom and his dad because Ellie is a nice girl.

Mr. Richardson starts the class with an announcement, and normally I tune him out and stare at Paul, but because I'm following my rules, I actively listen to him.

"As your final project, and as the perfect end of poetry month, your assignment will be to get into groups of two and every day, as of Monday, you will submit a poem about the person you're working with. Each submission will have a theme that you will need to follow. Your final submission will be your choice.

"I have pre-paired you with partners in the class and, as usual, no one is allowed to switch out unless it is a life or death situation (it's happened before believe it or not). Each row will come up to me to check who they partnered with. Any questions?"

The class shook their heads. He said after we find out our partners we were to get into our groups while he hands out the prompts for each day. Last project I got paired up with Jessica, and we worked pretty well together. The odds of us getting paired up together are not possible the second time, but hey, you can dream.

I must have zoned out because the next thing I know I see Paul sit in the seat next to mine trying to get my attention. Why is he so close to me? I raise my eyebrows at him, and he seems to get my confusion.

"We got paired up together."

WHAT?!

Hope you liked this chapter! Comment and let me know ;D