Chapter Three - "Maybe that's a cover up. Some gay guys do that."

Raine is in the sidebar Btw, enjoy!!

At lunch I'm zoned out to the max. I still can't believe he gave me his number, and now I'm a bit suspicious. Why would one of the hottest guys in my grade give me his number? I'm not that interesting, I'm not hot, or have anything alluring to the same sex, or the opposite sex for that matter. Well the point is he gave it to me and that will be my small victory for the day. I get on line to get my lunch and I run into Alice, my ex-girlfriend.

The relationship with me and Alice was real. We dated for almost a year, and I genuinely cared about her, and I still do. But toward the end of our relationship, when she wanted to have sex, I just wasn't into it. I kept holding her off saying I wasn't ready and stuff like that. She knew that wasn't the case, and I didn't want to break up with her because I didn't want to hurt her, so she broke up with me.

She said she would always love me, as I do her. We still talk from time from time, I even told her a few months after we ended that I was gay and she was happy I knew who I was.

"Mike! Hey, over here!" She's as loud as ever. Some things never change. She crushes me into a hug. "Where have you been, I haven't seen you all week! I have some great news. Cash Samaritan asked me out yesterday! God I'm so happy!"

"I'm so happy for you, that's great! He's so nice and freakin' hot, you got a good one." I really am happy for her. She's an amazing girl, and if I was definitely straight, I'd would marry her on the spot. She's got this almost white blonde hair that looks scary on a lot of people but looks angelic on her face. She's got dimples, a killer smile, a cute nose, a slim body, and legs like the Amazon. She's actually an inch taller than me, and most people only noticed if she had high heels on, which wasn't often, thank god.

"I know I know! But enough about me, how has your week been Mikey?" Did I mention she's extremely considerate? She's flawless.

We go back to her table and sit down and I tell her how my week was while trying to open my applesauce. "I mean the week was pretty standard for me, and aside from the whole Molly thing-"

"I saw that yesterday! I felt so bad for Brad, he's such a good guy. He can do so much better than her." She basically screamed that last part, probably to scold Molly and her poor choices in men if she was nearby, which she wasn't.

"I told him that too but you know Brad, if he liked her there must have been something worth seeing in her."

"Brad does have a better eye than most. Before you and I were a thing, he's the one that told me that you were into me, and you didn't even tell him you were dating me until like a month after."

"What? He knew before I told him?! Damn Brad. Is that why you were so quick to say yes to me when I asked you out?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." She smirks as she eats her sandwich. "We're digressing, how was the rest of the week after the Molly incident?"

"I ran into a post yesterday after school and I got trampled on today before second period. Both times Paul Whelmings came and picked me up both times from the floor."

I leave out the part where he gives me both his number and Tumblr URL, just because I know Paul is a touchy subject with her, because he's part of the reason why we broke up in the first place, at least in my eyes. Alice would notice me staring at him whenever he walked by and it bothered her that I wouldn't look at her like that, but I don't think she knew right away that I liked him. I don't know if me liking him would bother her now, but back then it was a threat. A threat that ended up winning since she broke up with me.