Chapter Twenty-Six - "Jeez, when did you start sluttin' it up?"

sOZ I took so long to write this. Enjoy!

[Also, Reese is in the media section ;)]

(Three days earlier)

It's unnaturally warm as we all come back into school after new year's, but I'm still pretty cold and sick from being outside for nearly two hours in nothing but a shirt that I still consider it to be hell freezing over. I literally spent the other half of yesterday sneezing and shivering under the covers, the first half recovering from my hangover and trying to stay normal when my parents came back home from the trip.

I didn't get home until around 4am, and I would have been home earlier had Brad not passed out on the curb of the party rather than the car. Honestly, we were all messes after that party, especially Paul. Oh, Paul.

That revelation he dropped on me had me feeling a lot of different things. Immediately after the news I was surprised, when I woke up yesterday I was mad because of what he put Brad and I through emotionally, and today I just feel like it was all in my head.

As I pull up to my locker and enter my 3 digits to open it, a note quickly falls out onto the floor. I look down at it, assuming it's from Paul. I mean, I give him credit for trying to reconnect us somehow, even if it is a letter in the locker. I bend over to pick it up, and the name on the back isn't Paul at all. It's Reese.

"Hey, since we made out for about an hour the other day, maybe we should go get something to eat sometime to re-fuel. I have sixth and seventh period free ;)"

- Reese

Believe it or not, I'm actually blushing at this message. He was a really good kisser that night, and I would not mind doing it again in the future. Plus, a lunch "date" can't really hurt, he seems like the type to not want something serious since we're going to be going to university in a few months. And as much as I still like Paul, maybe it's for the best that I don't fully reopen our old relationship, in fear we can't be together how we want to.

As I'm putting the letter in my bag and shutting my locker, I can see Jayna and Caroline in deep conversation by the home economics room, but I'm also not in the mindset to focus on adolescent drama at the moment, so I dismiss them and decide I'll see them at lunch. Crap, no I won't. Fine, I'll go over. I make my way over to them, deciding to keep myself out of what they're talking about.

"I'm only over here because I won't see you both at lunch, apparently I have a lunch date." I state.

"With Paul? That was quick" (I told Caroline about Paul on the way home from the party).

"What do you mean with Paul, when did you two speak again?" (I was going to tell Jayna but I never got the chance).

"Caroline will fill you in better than I can at the moment, and it's with Reese from the party."

At the mention of his name, Caroline goes into freak out mode, and Jayna is partly confused because she knows I made out with him (the whole party knew that I made out with him), but she didn't know I actually had plans of seeing him after the party. I honestly didn't dismiss the idea, but I never formulated anything either. Jayna rolls her eyes at me and looks at Caroline for answers.

"Long story short: Paul's drunk ass told Mike he still loves him and blah blah, Reese has a thing for Mike and before they sucked their faces off he was feeling him up for information. Also there was the thing with Craig but I'll erase that to save time." Caroline honestly should be on the news, she can spit through information like its nothing.