Chapter Fifteen - "What makes you think I did something to make that happen?"

Hey guys! I'm making this chapter really early, just because I'm heade to Australia for study abroad and idk how long I'll be jet lagged or busy to make the next chapter. Hopefully it doesn't take me too long. Enjoy! (friendship circle in the corner haha)

Dinner was especially quiet tonight. I had to beg my mom to try to cook the rest of the week, but with with dad working late all week, it was just the four of us. We didn't have to eat at the table, but I didn't want to be alone. This past week has been hell on earth.

School is finally over for the year. In a way I'm sad it's over, but at the same instant I'm so happy to be way from hell for the next two months. The only final I'm worried about is my math final. If I fail I have to go to summer school, but if I pass I'm done with math until college.

I had to shell myself up in my room all night last Tuesday to study for that test. It hasn't been hard to avoid everyone, I just shut off my phone.

After Monday, I literally sat in silence for a good two hours before I just turned all my stuff off. I took my phone battery out and left it in my drawer. I don't go on Facebook anymore as it is, and I blocked Paul on Tumblr, just to cover my bases. I know for a fact he's been trying to talk to me, but I'm so done with guys right now.

It was guys that made me lose a good guy. And speaking of guys, craig still hasn't spoken to me. Or maybe he has, but my phone is off so I wouldn't know, nor do I really want to. I'm pretty sure he's moved on, and I don't blame him. I should be mad at him for that Saturday night, and I think I am a little bit now, but I did so much worse.

I'm halfway under my bed shoving school books under it when I get a knock on my door. I roll from under there to see my dad, still dressed in his business clothes. I haven't really seen him all week, but he looks tired. This must be a long case, he's normally always home before 9pm.

"Hey dad. This is the first time I've really seen you all week." I answer as I walk back to my computer.

"I know, but the case is finally over. But we need to talk when I'm changed into more comfortable clothing." I nod okay and he goes to his and mom's' room to change. I'm probably not in trouble, but just in case mom should give him a bite of the stew she made for dinner. he's back a minute later in his pajama set. He's literally the only person who still wears a set of pajamas.

He closes the door and sits on the edge of my bed, waiting for me to face him. "Your mom has been telling me you've been off this week. I just wanna see what's wrong with you." I honestly love my dad. I know he really cares about me and what I have to say. Not to say I don't love my mom or anything, but the relationship with each of them is definitely different. Not to be cocky, but I feel I have a better relationship with my dad than most kids do with both parents.

"I'm okay, Dad. I've just been getting through the final days of the school. tests, extra credits, locker cleanup, the normal boring teenage stuff." I wasn't lying, that stuff was annoying me this week, but they weren't the only things bothering me.

"And how are you and your boyfriend doing?" I look at him like he's crazy. "Craig? Aren't you two dating?" Uh oh.