Chapter Twenty-Eight - "I'm down for slashing his tires. 3, not all four."

WOW, it has been a very long time since I last uploaded a new chapter. I have actually been sitting on this chapter for the last eight months, trying to see what I wanted to do with the story. I definitely will be wrapping up the life of Michael and the gang, but I still have a few ideas up my sleeve I think. I hope you all enjoy after such a long hiatus!! 

I don't know when it became normal for my parents to let their underage son stay out later than midnight with my underage boyfriend during a school night in a town with probable violence towards the gays, yet here I am. Maybe they trust me, maybe they know my head has been spinning around since the whole Paul escapade a few weeks ago, or maybe because I'm turning eighteen soon they just don't really mind. 

I haven't been sleeping much, so getting out somewhat helps me pass out just before school starts. Brad offered me his old sleeping pills, but the last thing I want to be is a junkie before school ends. I sleep better when I'm with Reese, but there is no way in hell my parents will be okay with having my boyfriend spending the night (which is less threatening than this activity now, in my opinion).

He looks me over and notices I'm getting drowsy. "Perfect, I can take you home."

"Wow, you really can't wait to be rid of me can you" I say mockingly, because I know it's the opposite. He's actually been by my side almost every day since Paul let me have it. 

"Next is under the bridge, then I'll be rid of you forever." He says while he sends a wink my way.

As I chuckle a little bit, he turns his car around to head to my house. How he willingly comes out here on his own will with me is astounding. We haven't even had sex yet so I can't even say it's because I have it like that, so maybe he's weird and actually enjoys this or he's trying to win brownie points to get some soon (he's hinted at sex, but is never pushy about it). He kind of deserves it regardless, he's been so amazing to me.

Even when the gang assured me Paul couldn't come near me at school, I was still scared to leave the house originally. But Reese was always there to walk me to class with them all and drive me home and stay with me when I felt/was alone, and he never felt like I was an inconvenience. He was genuinely concerned and I could see it on his face when he looked at me. I smile to myself when I think about how I kiss him when I see that face I've been trying to avoid in plain sight, in this not big enough town. 

I don't know what street we're on since I'm mid-text to Caroline about her prom dress ideas (she has good taste but all her tastes don't look right on her), but I look up and I clearly see Paul sitting on an old bench in the middle of the night not doing much of anything. Seeing his face fills me with fear for a second, and I'm grabbing on to parts of the car to keep myself from getting hurt even though he has no idea what car Reese drives. Reese doesn't say anything as I do this, because I've done it repeatedly when I'm with him and I see Paul.

I think the best part of Reese is that he doesn't judge me. He literally asked me out the day this whole thing happened and he didn't take it back; he didn't run away. He totally could have (and should have), but here he is, making sure I can go to sleep in time for school in the morning even though he has a French quiz to study for. He's too good for me, and I thank the universe he chose me, for whatever reason. I'm definitely falling in love with him, if I'm not already there. 

After the freak out, I think about the events that led Paul to that situation. His family, his secret journal, his cousin telling the family, humiliation, his parent's disowning him and taking everything from him, including his room at his house. His parent's decided to stay in town, but Paul has been ex-communicated by them and the whole town has been made aware of that. If my mom wasn't so fearful and angry of him she probably would have moved him into our spare room in the basement. My dad still wants to kill him (his reason for not doing it sooner is because Caroline told him she took care of it, which I believe and don't want further details for). Someone should help him, but it can't be me anymore..