Chapter Twenty One - "I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner."

Happy New Year, fans!! Enjoy the new chapter. Probably one of my favorites so far!! Also, be safe and always get tested for sexual infection, whether you're straight, gay, or anything else. :)

It's been a few days since I last spoke to Brad since he dropped the Chlamydia bomb on everyone, and before I forgave him I needed to know if I was at risk for it or not. When I went to the clinic with Paul the day after I was shaking with fear. Sure, it's extremely curable, but I don't like the idea of being contaminated with a sexual disease, especially when my sexual contact has been fairly non-penetrable.

It turns out that I was fine; clean of any signs of any STI's. As for Paul, he definitely got it. I didn't understand how I was fine but he wasn't, but then the doctor explained all the possible reasons why I may have not gotten it I was even more lost, because I was doing the same things with him that Brad was.

The doctor examined Paul's mouth for any possible cuts or things, because apparently if semen is able to enter through a cut, you can get it that way also. When the doctor was looking, he noticed Paul had some cuts near his gums, which he says are from brushing his teeth too hard in the morning.

Who would have thought the difference between being STD free would be in technique in teeth brushing?  Paul looked so embarrassed about the whole thing and I felt bad for him, but at the same time I'd rather him be diseased than me. Imagine having to tell my parents that I got an STI from a boy who I'm not even dating who was screwing around with my best friend. Talk about awkward.

Anyways, after the appointment, Paul got a prescription from the doctor to get antibiotics and was told to refrain from all sexual activity for a week after the antibiotics are complete. So basically, the rest of summer he can't do anything.

We decided to give each other a little break (physically, at least) until he recovers from this incident. Plus it'll give us time to figure out what we want from each other. It's not like I knew before, and with no guidance I'll probably always be in the dark about my desires. It's not like I'll be able to escape him one hundred percent since we still work together for another two weeks, but nothing outside of that communication and a text here and there will suffice.

It's Saturday afternoon on this hot August heat and I'm heading over to Brad's house to talk. I swear, August is literally that month where it's just hot all the time. No holidays, either. It's just literally just a month of hot days and chilly nights. If this wasn't a serious reason to leave the house I'd stay my butt inside and go on Youtube or watch my weekly dose of porn or something. I get to the front of his door before I start severely sweating and knock three times.

His mom is the person who lets me in the house, and she tells me Brad is in his room with Jayna. I knew Caroline was busy at the doctors today for her injuries last month, but I actually didn't check to see what Jayna was up to. And what the hell happened to Alice?! I haven't heard from her since the last week in June! I need to make a mental note to call her later tonight.

I open Brads door to see him in bed asleep and Jayna playing with Brad's cat, Miranda. She gives me a smile before I sit and join her on the floor. As soon as I sit, Miranda makes her way into my lap and I pet her as she purrs softly.

"How long has he been out?" I ask, not looking at her yet.

"Give or take an hour. The antibiotics he got make him really sleepy randomly." She says, smiling when Miranda looks her in the eye. I knew the antibiotics had weird side effects on every person individually (I had an ear infection two years ago and with the antibiotics I also had diarrhea the entire term), but I didn't know sleep would be one of them. Had school been in session when he got infected, he would have had to deal with detention every day, but he'd probably sleep through that too.